“Very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tempe, Arizona
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location, cute room, but parking was quite expensive. Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. It's definitely a bit pricey, but worth it. I would probably stay here again. It was located in the middle of downtown and easy to get to many restaurants, the airport and shops.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Cat B,
Thank you for a nice review. First, I want to assure you that our pricing for parking is $8 to $12 less expensive than other surrounding, competing hotels. We have an underground lot with no additional “in and out” charges. Also, if you are driving a Hybrid, we extend a 50% discount off of our overnight parking fee; please keep this in mind when shopping for a rental car.

Thank you so much for acknowledging our friendly staff. I will pass along your compliments. I also appreciate your mention of our location; perfect for both business and pleasure.

On behalf of our team, thank you for staying at the Bristol Hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

772 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed in room 507 this past Friday evening and the room was lovely! It was clean, quiet, spacious, and beautifully decorated/renovated. Additionally, my husband and I dinned in the restaurant downstairs and food was pretty amazing! I stayed as a result of my job and meeting coordination that I do. If I'm happy in a hotel, I know our Sr. VP's and remaining staff will be. Excellent experience! I highly encourage this hotel for your business, or downtime/pleasure needs. It't within walking distance to fine eateries, Horton Plaza, live entertainment, whatever you could ask!

Green Features: I highly encourage you to in the restaurant -- exceptional!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Christine M,
I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed the Bristol Hotel and especially your accommodations in room 507! Our Executive Chef will be delighted to learn of your excellent dining experience. Thank you for the kudos and for mentioning our great San Diego location, which is perfect for business or leisure. Be assured that our attentive staff and department heads will take especially good care of your executive staff as well.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I would highly recommend The Bristol Hotel! It is in a very convenient location-under a $20 taxi ride to the airport, within walking distance to the Gaslamp area, Maritime Museum and more. The staff was very helpful and friendly from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping. The room itself was also aesthetically pleasing and clean. The restaurant also had great breakfast and dinner. I was appreciative that they gave a 50% discount at the restaurant on select dinner restaurants for staying at the hotel. So overall I would definitely suggest staying at the Bristol Hotel for any leisure or business travel.

Green Features: They encouraged guests to reuse their towels to save washing machine water and they had water saving toilets.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Rachel7216,
Thank you for your vote of confidence and recommendation! I was happy to read that you enjoyed our location, near museums and the Gaslamp, as well as our friendly and helpful staff. In addition, thank you for mentioning our on-site restaurant and I am pleased you enjoyed your meals there. As you noted, the 10 minute taxi ride from the airport is approximately $20 with tip.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel and we look forward to your return visits.

Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great location, comfortable room with great access to transport. We dined in the hotel restaurant one night which was very nice. The hotel offers great discounts for food and drink. A very short walk to all types of public transport and a 7-11 is around the corner to stock your mini bar. Super close to 5th ave to get a great feed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear MrB_MrsMac,
Thank you for writing a review and I am glad you enjoyed our great location and clean, comfortable accommodations. I was pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our special 50% discount on select dinner entrees in our restaurant , the First Avenue Bar and Grille and that you liked our location near public transportation and all that downtown San Diego has to offer!

Thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel and we look forward to your future visits.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Had an excellent stay at the Bristol hotel during NAFSA 2014 conference. Very friendly personnel. Spacious rooms with good beds. I wouldn't choose to take the breakfast in the hotel as there many coffee & breakfast establishments in the neighboorhood.

Green Features: You can choose when to have your sheets and towels changed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tineke1967,
Thank you for selecting the Bristol Hotel for your accommodations during the NAFSA 2014 Conference and we hope that you will be a returning guest in the future. Our location is perfect for business travelers because we are walking distance to the Convention Center and more. We hope that the next time you stay with us you will try our restaurant, First Avenue Bar and Grille!

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for staying at the Bristol Hotel.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed at the Bristol a couple of times now and will be back again in a month. My experience keeps getting better and better. Great staff and management.
Basically most things you would want in a upscale hotel.
Very friendly yet professional.

Room Tip: Higher floors and corner rooms seem to be the best in more than one way.
Green Features: Appreciate the environmentally - friendly practices in this hotel...However they may want to switch to warmer light bulbs vs. the cooler ones.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear 7Pickytraveler7,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was extremely pleased to read that your experience at our hotel has only gotten better with every stay and that you enjoyed our friendly Reception Agents and Management Team.

Please drop me a line and let me know when you will be returning back to our great city, I would be more than happy to assist you with a future reservation.

Assuring you of my desire to be of service at all times.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was quiet impressed with this hotel. It was very clean, modern, stylish, quiet and comfortable. It had an excellent location and it was a short pleasant walk to the harbor and many sit-down restaurants. There was a bar fridge in our room but it wasn't working, we called downstairs and someone brought up a new mini fridge right away. Our intention was to buy food for breakfasts/lunches and put it in the fridge but sadly grocery stores were non-existent (and fast food restaurants were hard to find). I would be nice if the Bristol offered a complementary breakfast, even if it is small like juice, muffins and cereal. Other amenities were also present like an iron, hair dryer, coffee maker and safe. Though we were a little skeptical about the hotel restaurant we ended up going there for dinner one night as it was convenient and guests get 50% off. I ordered the steak and double-baked potato. It was amazing! I would say it was the best meal of the entire trip and it was less than $10. The sundae afterwards was also delicious. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing I really didn't like was the extra $26 a day for valet parking. I wish this could be somehow rolled into the price of the room and not be a surprise at check-in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
bristolMGR, General Manager at Bristol Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear ChaosAngel,
Thank you for a great review! As you mentioned, our rooms are stocked with great amenities including plush robes, slippers, eco-friendly spa products and complimentary Wi-Fi. I apologize for the refrigerator snafu, but I am glad that it was taken care of immediately by our staff. Our restaurant, the First Avenue Bar and Grille, offers some of the best cuisine in San Diego and we're glad you enjoyed our 50% discount on select entrees for guests of the hotel. We also extend a 50% discount on overnight Valet parking if you are driving a Hybrid Vehicle. Our standard parking charge is between $8 to $12 less expensive than surface lots or competing hotels and we have intentionally priced it that way to give our guest the added savings.

On behalf of the Bristol Team, thank you for selecting and staying at the Bristol Hotel.

Bristol Hotel

Been to Bristol Hotel? Share your experiences!