“convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #165 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
manhattan
“convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

I went to san diego to visit my sister who's in the Navy. This hotel is the closest place i found to the Naval Station. I liked the fact that downtown was 3 miles away. It cost us $5 to get to the gaslamp district. The internet was fast and the breakfast was above average. Add in a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom and I was satisfied.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
yuma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

The hotel was a little older but it looked okay. But that is where the good ended. The room was covered in dust, the floor hadn't been vacuumed in a long time, the refrigerator barely kept our things cool, and the inside of the shower curtain had six slimy pieces of snot on it. The manager did change the shower curtain, but they would not let us change rooms. I can't imagine how much dirt there was that we couldn't see!

• Disliked — very dirty room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2007

Well, AA managed to mess up a return flight from Maui (not flying with them again....) so we decided to follow some donut who said she had found a cheap hotel nearby. Cheap it was...but I had a good time with the wife and kids at the general horror stories that lurked around every corner. From the chef picking his nose in the fly ridden restaurant (give room service a miss!), the constant hum from the tv that required you bang the top or the Navy boy karaoke evening....
If you enjoy headboards screwed on the wall or hairy pools then this is the place..

• Stayed April 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel, and our experience was OK. The neighborhood is a little run down, but the hotel is very close to public transportation, or a short drive to downtown. That is really the only thing it has going for it.

The first problem was we had to wait about 30 minutes to check in from the time we got there, because there was only one person working the desk, and 3 parties in line in front of me waiting to check in.

The rooms are decently sized, and the bathrooms were clean, but the beds are very uncomfortable, and our refrigerator didn't work. It was missing the knob on the thermostat, so we didn't know if it was on or off. We got it taken care of, but it was a hassle.

I wouldn't stay here again. I would be willing to pay a little more money to stay in a place that is nicer than this.

• Liked — A short drive to downtown.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

Quality Inn is an ironic choice for this hotel chain. The dumpiest hotels I've seen have been Quality Inns. But I already knew that when I booked so was expecting a rundown hotel on the south side of town where I was nervous for the safety of my car. And that's what I found.
What I didn't expect and found annoying was the parking. The slots are too narrow so early arrivers take two and the folks who squeeze into one slot wish they could take two.
That being said, they were the cheapest I could find in the area. They offer breakfast, not anything special, but rooms are clean. Our A/C worked fine, but had a slighty smell.

Overall, it wasn't a bad room. I'd stay there again, but it isn't high on Quality.

Note: The review by sac2la21, Los Angeles is about a Ramada Inn, clearly not about this one.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Age of the Hotel.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

I have rarely been treated so poorly but "CRAPPY Inn" just made the top of my list. AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!! The air conditioner was changed out three times in our room. We had to change rooms and finally the roll away AC unit had to be drained of water every 2 to 3 hours. All this and I still had to pay for my stay! I have had to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, file a fraudulant charge claim with my bank and write a letter to the State representative about this place. I would have rather slept in my car than tollerate one more night in this rat hole. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

I really liked staying at this Quality Inn for a number of reasons. I was in San Diego for one week with my family. We stayed here for our entire trip and we had a very nice experience. The price is very reasonable for the summer in SD, the rooms are very clean and big. I could tell this property was renovated because everything looked brand new. The beds are very large and comfortable! The free breakfast includes hot waffles and meats. The staff was very courteous and helped us plan our excursions in the city. All of the major tourist attractions are within a 10-15 minute drive. Also, the public transportation is close by. This hotel is a great choice for people on a budget looking for an upscale SD experience.

• Liked — The very comfortable beds and the breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing negative to say!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn San Diego? Share your experiences!