“perfect location near Navy Base” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #179 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
South Carolina
“perfect location near Navy Base”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Son and I stayed here and the room was adequate and economically priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our family stayed in the Quality Inn during our trip to San Diego. The hotel is a typical mid-range hotel; the rooms were in good condition and comfortable for our family's stay. The beds were comfortable, and the prices were reasonable, considering that we booked for a weekend in July on short notice. The hotel is a few miles from San Diego, but convenient to the freeway. The only issues we had were that the breakfast room was really small, and there was a really long line one day, and there was some mold on the shower curtain.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
beckley wv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

The rooms here were nice and clean, and the front desk staff was wonderful. Thanks to the young man that checked us in, he is an asset to the hotel. Thanks again for a wonderful stay

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Not quite located in San Diego I had a little trouble finding this hotel. Once I did I had a decent stay. Breakfast was good and the staff went above and beyond helping me find other places I needed to get to.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

I made this reservation on line, so we arrived sight-unseen. We were very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We wanted to be close to the Naval Base, since we were visiting family. The base was very close, kind of around the corner. The room was scrupulously cleaened each day. There was a quite adequate breakfast provided along with the room. The room was definitelty not luxurious, but it was a great place for our stay. The front desk immediately took care of a problem we had with the air conditioner. I would recommend thiis Quality Inn for people visiting the base and on a budget

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

My family and I stayed here a couple days for Seaworld and the San Diego Zoo. As we don't reside anywhere near the area I booked online ahead of time looking for the best quality for the best price. First of all, the hotel is located in NATIONAL CITY--not San Diego. National City is a rough area and my husband was dismayed to find out I booked a hotel there--he is familiar with the good and bad parts of San Diego county. The hotel's directions on their website is vague. We made a few wrong turns getting there. In fact, I overheard a couple in front of me checking in stating the same thing. Not an area you want to be lost in at night.

The parking is really really bizarre. The layout is just wrong and it is small so there's a good chance if you plan on arriving late you will have to park on the street out of view from your room--not a good idea in this area.

Checking in, the staff were friendly and informative. The room was a nice surprise--roomy for two queens and had a classy look. It had a microwave, fridge, table and a nice sized tv. Only one complaint here. Upon close inspection I noticed the toilet was not completely clean--the part we all sit on to do our thing. Not only that but the toilet seat itself kept sliding when I sat down and I am not a heavy person!

Breakfast was just ok. Cold cereal, oatmeal packets, dried out pastries, fruit, sausage links, bagels and bread that the toaster would not toast properly. There was also waffle batter that the waffle iron did not really get crispy on the outside so when trying to peel it off I ended up with a broken up pieces of mushy waffles on my plate.

I just remembered one more thing. I don't know if the ceilings are not properly insulated, but we had the first floor and we could hear what sounded like continual stomping above us for at least an hour(it was 9:00pm) before I called the office and asked them to intervene. The first time we called, the front desk made excuses for the nice ladies above us who were getting ready to go out for a night in town. But the noises were so loud for so long I called the front desk again and told them they needed to deal with this ASAP or move the people. Unfortunately, the hotel was completely booked.

Would I stay again? Yes, but not before trying to find something in a better area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

Reservation thru website; which was correct. Got a H/C room because it was the only ground floor room available. I had requested ground floor on reservation. Large room with great bed. Everything in the room worked. WiFi worked well once I learned the procedure. Ice machine was close by and was noisy when used, which was seldom, Very visible and close to I-5, but follow directions carefully to get into parking lot. Hot breakfast, boiled eggs, saugage, waffles, cold ceral, toast, pastries, oranges, coffee, tea, juice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn San Diego? Share your experiences!