Stayed here for the beautiful architecture as mentioned in other Tripadvisor reviews and we were not let down. The massive lobby can be enjoyed while having breakfast. Tried out the Trolley to get to the football game. It's impossible to get lost on the way to a game, just follow the happy fans in Charger's gear. Just ask concierge for advice on buying trolley tickets. Our Bellhop even gave us a ticket all ready to load a fare. (Costs just a bit more if you don't have that ticket). The huge crowd of friendly fans made the trolley even more fun. One note - they tried to avoid giving us the beautiful room we booked by putting us in a different one. But I returned to Reception and showed them a photo of the room we booked 6 months in advance and the front desk girls complied. Other than Ryann giving us the run-around at check-in the staff there really made our stay wonderful, all the valets, the servers, and the bellhops were so friendly and helpful. It really made a difference. No pool, but that's not why we came to stay. We had already hit the beaches and loved every minute of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott