I was here for a week for training. The location is amazing: 15 min from the airport; walking distance to restaurants, convenience stores, grocery stores, bars, shopping, and public transportation.
The staff is friendly, helpful, and there are guys outside that help with taxis.
I had lunch at the bar and it was nothing to write home about.
The tub didn't drain well when I showered.
The WiFi wasn't extremely reliable.
I was on the 4th floor and my view was just some other buildings very close to my window in all directions and then the top of a roof with mechanical fixtures below... :( One reviewer had said that every room had a great view. Not true... But maybe it's because I was paying the government rate. The room itself was not bad given the age of the building.
The training was down near the old safe and the staff put out breafast and then snack items throughout the day. There was a cocktail reception for my class on the first day with an open bar. Every training table had a pitcher of water and candies. I was very impressed.
The gym had clean towels, treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, water, a ball, and mats. The only thing missing was a bosu ball. Really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott