On a spur of the moment trip, my boyfriend and I drove from LA to San Diego without any plans or reservations. After attempting to reserve at the Omni then the Hard Rock (and being told there were rooms when they're weren't any) we found an opening at the Marriott. We are so lucky we did!!!! The concierge was so thoughtful & knowledgeable, giving us advice on the best places to eat, drink, and dance, all of which was within walking distance. They event went so far as to draw us a map! The room was beautifully styled and modern, which was lovely in the old bank building, with looked more opulent than you would expect. We had great drinks at the downstair lounge, and when we came back late, our bed was incredibly comfortable and our room was totally soundproof from the bustle outside. Convenient, wonderfully staffed, beautiful. The only advice I can give is that parking isn't easy in the gaslamp, but we were able to park all day at one of the many parking lots on the block for much, much less than the other hotels were valeting for. Overall I think we had a much better experience for a much better price than we could have gotten anywhere else in the Gaslamp district. I would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Marriott, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard