I stayed here for 2 nights during a recent trip down the California coast with my husband, sister and her boyfriend. We were quite impressed with the building. The lobby and meeting room area are perfectly preserved with 1930's-era detailing and slight modern touches. The upper floors are very office-like, but the rooms are modern and beautifully decorated. The beds were very comfortable, the mini fridge was great to have, and the shower head was adjustable. The only issue we had was the room temperature seemed quite inconsistent, even with the A/C running. The first night we had the A/C on all night, set at about 67 and we woke up a few times thinking it was too warm, plus the A/C unit is quite loud when it turns on. But the second night we set it lower and just let the fan run which helped a lot. I also would have thought being in the downtown area that it would be loud with street noise but we were on the 9th floor and hardly heard a thing. Plus, it's an easy walk to the great restaurants and bars of the Gaslamp district.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott