I stayed here for San Diego Comic-Con 2014. Rooms are booked through Travel Planners. I requested 2 beds, they booked a single King. I immediately contacted them to fix it, they said my request was noted.
Fastforward to the Con, and I find that my request was never passed on to the hotel; they still have us booked in a single King. Even though it wasn't their fault, Alexandra was able to get me into a King with a roll away. That kind of change on a weekend like SDCC is very difficult, and she was polite and even apologetic throughout. Good customer service really makes a big difference in hotels, and fixing a problem they didn't create definitely qualifies. In addition to Alexandra, every staff member I've spoken to has been courteous and friendly.
Otherwise, the room is fairly standard. It is a long-ish walk to the con, but doable, and even kind of nice in the morning. They sell breakfast to go boxes in the lobby, which is handy for early morning lines. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Marriott and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard