Marriott with its countless brands and massive corporate apparatus did not deliver a diluted experience here. Looking for a pleasant stay for my family with a convenient gaslamp district location, this courtyard was perfection. The building itself has that downtown charming character. The contemporary interior coupled with the "historic feel" permeated the lobby in every corner - from the chic pool table and lounge area, all the way up to buttresses near the top of the voluminous ceilings. Hotel staff was very nice and accommodating - at check-in I was given two complementary starbucks certificates and a complementary breakfast. The room was decent size, had a nice large window overlooking downtown, and was very clean. The restaurant staff was super nice and made sure I was happy in the morning while getting a quick to-go breakfast. The valet staff gets a major nod for their assistance during the failure of our vehicle's starter and subsequent AAA wait. Parking is $38 which is not atypical for the area but that doesn't mean its not obnoxious! From the pictures it looks like the hotel was once a bank and they offer tours of the antiquated vault - that would have been fun to experience but we did not have time. Maybe next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard