My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard for 3 nights in February 2014. We had never been to San Diego before and we're not usually "Marriott" people, however we chose the hotel because my husband had some free nights to use and online it looked like a good location.
Immediately, what stood out when we first arrived was the friendly staff. We were greeted with wide smiles and happy hellos from the front desk crew. In fact, every time we walked by the front desk to get to our room someone would say "hello" or wave as we passed. Usually, I'm not one for the personal attention, but the casual way the staff did it felt like they appreciated our business and it was nice.
Another memorable service moment was when we went to the valet to get our rental car. Not only was the service quick (about a 5 min wait when we didn't call ahead) but the valet attendant was sociable and very organized. A few times we went down in the morning during a rush and he handled each guest or call professionally, keeping track of all of the cars and his guys without breaking a sweat.
The rooms were older, not as updated as I'm used to, but they were clean and the bathroom was quite spacious. I was satisfied.
The location was great. It's right on the edge of the Gaslamp District so we walked to the bars, restaurants, and even the waterfront. If it were spring/summer we could've walked to the baseball stadium. Loved the fact that we were around everything. The zoo and Balboa Park were about a 10 minute drive away, although public transportation ran about a block from the hotel and I know we could have gotten to both using the train.
The only real negative for us would be that the valet charged over $30/night. It seemed a little excessive for this hotel, but overall it wasn't the worst thing in the world.
We would definitely recommend this hotel to others and even stay her again ourselves.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- Courtyard San Diego
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.