Loved staying her for 3 nights over Halloween. I love the fact that even though this is a converted hotel it is still quiet considering where it is located. I stayed in a corner king room and between the black out curtains and the reinforced windows, there was virtually no noise. Staff was great and very attentive. Got some great dinner recommendations from John? at the front desk. I ordered lunch one day to take up to my room so I could work and was a little disappointed at the quality of the food I ordered although there are many great restaurants to choose from in the area. I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels and was a little shocked that the valet parking was $36.00 per night. I do not think I have ever paid that much to park overnight at a Marriott although the valet guys were very helpful and friendly. Great place to stay, centrally located and the nicest Courtyard I have stayed at. Loved the history of the building and that they kept much of the bank features intact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Marriott, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Courtyard
- San Diego Marriott