We recently enjoyed three nights at this beautiful, historic property. The lobby is dramatic with its gorgeous ceiling, and we saw some of the former bank vaults on the lower level also. Our room was very nice--decent size, with an attractive decor. The hallways feel a little odd--definitely more like an old office building than a hotel. Staff was exceptionally friendly. The breakfasts at the lobby restaurant were top-notch--the corn flake french toast was a winner!
The only real drawback is that the location is about 2 blocks from being perfect. The Gaslamp District is literally a two-block walk, and Horton Plaza is maybe three. We walked to the waterfront (USS Midway) one morning and that took about 15 minutes. However, the immediate block and neighborhood boasts pawn shops, tattoo parlors and empty storefronts. Our view out 6th street looked at the roofs of abandoned buildings. We would not have been comfortable walking back to the hotel after dark, but taxis solved that problem. All in all, a good bet. We did the prepaid rate which was quite reasonable.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- Courtyard San Diego
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.