beautiful hotel..enjoyed our stay very much but every time a young couple goes into a semi nice hotel you always weird looks. yes i can afford to stay in a nice hotel. Even the people working at the front desk gave us weird looks. I left an item in the hotel room and immediately called to let them know. The lady who answered the phone was just, well a pain to talk to. She either just didn't want to help or just didn't care. I told her the room number and all the information i could give, and all she could say was there is no name under that. Would I seriously lie about my name and my room number? I didn't just pull that number out of no where. After the first phone call, i called back to let them know exactly where I left and the lady said she will personally go up and check. Got a phone call back and said that my item was no where to be found. It is MY fault i left it there but i thought calling ASAP would help, especially when she told me house keeping didn't even clean that room yet. My item was quite pricey and wasn't too surprised they couldn't find it. It is what it is.
this is a very beautiful hotel and the area is beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the perfect hotel for your San Diego stay. Housed in a 1920's historic landmark building, the reinvented Courtyard San Diego Downtown welcomes guests with the sophisticated comfort of modern accommodations, while embracing the character of the distinguished former financial institution. From the moment you step through the revolving front doors, you will be whisked away to an inviting and intimate space to unwind, gather your thoughts, or share a laugh and a beverage with friends. Exquisite remnants of the former bank grace the interior of our hotel and mix with a fresh, contemporary style. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, you can expect impeccable service and an unbeatable location in the Gaslamp Quarter; offering hundreds of dining and entertainment options. We are conveniently located in the heart of the business district, walking distance to the waterfront and San Diego Convention Center, and minutes away from the San Diego International Airport and the world-famous San Diego Zoo. We are also just steps away from the San Diego Trolley which connects Downtown to Mission Valley, Chula Vista, and the International Border. Reinvented with fresh decor and design, our guest rooms and suites provide superior accommodations for individual travelers, business groups, event groups and families. Each of our rooms offers luxury bedding, free high-speed Internet and microwaves, refrigerators and safes in every room. After sightseeing or a day of meetings, enjoy delicious California cuisine at THE LOBBY or grab a snack at our 24-hour market. At the Courtyard San Diego Downtown, we're ready to serve up what you want - where you want. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown
- San Diego Marriott
- San Diego Courtyard