“Beware Of Rock Bands” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East

You added Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East to your Saves list
Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4380 Alvarado Canyon Road, Hwy 8 & Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA 92120-4301 (Formerly Ramada San Diego Mission Valley)   |
Ranked #203 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Calgary
“Beware Of Rock Bands”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

my wife and I stayed in San Diego for our Honeymoon. Our hotel room face the back parking lot. Apparently no noise by-laws restrict when a live band can play until. A near by bar had live entertainment and the band played until 2am. The front desk offered us earplugs. The room was small, it smelled, they tried charging us twice for the room, the internet was not working... you get the picture. It was our Honeymoon, so we made the best of it, but next time we will stay elsewhere

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
SanDiegoManager, General Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The hotel is close to the bar, but they only have music on special events. I know this can be an inconvenience at times. We have not had any issues with our Internet since we got the new provider 9 months ago.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
brooklyn ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is the only place for accomidations near Keiser Hospital on Zion Rd in San diego Ca.
clean rooms , comfortable beds , pool
very impressed

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you writing the review. We are only 1.2 miles from Kaiser Hospital. We do have a lot of guest who even walk back and forth from the hospital. We do offer special rates to Kaiser Patients and family members.
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

I reserved a room for one night, was charged for two nights in very old and smelly room. I didn't realize I had to check out in person. I guess I should be greatfull they didn't charge me for a whole week. Manager was never available to talk to.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
SanDiegoManager, General Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
We are sorry to hear there was a miscommunication with the hotel. If the reservation is made for two days, yes, you do have to let the front desk know that you will be checking out early. It's always a good to ask questions during check-in time. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Peoria, AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights in July!! Hotel itself is very basic, rooms are not overly large, but they do the trick!! However, our room was infested with bugs. We continually found bugs through out our 4 night stay and it was disgusting to say the least. We made the staff and manager aware of the situation and apparently they had someone come in an spray while we were out one day, but it did nothing to cease the problem. The bugs we were finding were both alive and dead. The manager was very unsympathetic and unapologetic about the problem. She did deduct one night from our bill, although I didn't feel I should had paid anything as I didn't reserve a room with bugs. The hotel was completely booked so there was no ability to move us to another room and there was not another property in the city available due to some festivals and conventions in town. I was not pleased with the staffs take on the situation and or the managers. I think that both the staff and manager need lessons in customer service and doing what it takes to satisfy and make the customer happy. I will however give kudos to Ramada International as upon my return I contacted them about my stay and the situation regarding the bugs at the property and they immediately cut me a check for the cost that I paid to stay there, no if's, and's or but's!! Looks like the actual property needs to take some lessons in customer service from their parent company!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Our reservation for a non-smoking room was not honored. The town was booked up because of Comic Con, and we ended up settling for a smoking room that the management said was being converted to a non-smoking room, but it still stank. The outside walkways are filthy and stink. The southern side of the hotel is very close to an expressway, and the northern side of the hotel has an elevated train running within 100 feet of the windows. The manager was rude, inhospitable, and unhelpful. We know that non-smoking rooms were available the next day (we saw one offered to a walk-in customer) and we were not offered one within our three day stay.
The hotel is also hard to find, and internet kept breaking down. The smoke detector in our room was disconnected and hanging from the ceiling. Bathroom was not clean. One of the bathroom towels showed up with a used fake fingernail inside it, which makes you wonder if they even wash them.
If we did not have a child with us, we would have slept in our car or under a tree instead.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SanDiegoManager, general manager at Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Due to the fact July is the busiest time of the year, it is a little difficult to maintain the property a 100%. When the hotel is booked up every night, we do not want to start painting and washing the floors to cause any inconvenience to the guest. Now that the occupancy has slowed down we have washed the floors and will paint soon. The non-smoking room offered to a walk- in could have been for a different room type and maybe that’s why it wasn’t offered to you. I do apologize for the housekeeper not getting in touch with maintenance to reconnect the smoke detector. I have spoken to housekeeping as well and the laundry attendant to ensure all rooms are thoroughly cleaned.
Sussex, England/
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

The staff here were so welcoming. It was the little touches such as the big smiles from everyone when we entered the lobby to check in, to the phone call 15 mins after to our room to ensure everything was ok.

The rooms were big, clean and comfortable. Unfortately I was struck down with food poisoning (not from the hotel!!) and so I was confined to my room. This was frustrating, but made more comfortable because I was in a nice room and could relax.

Very easy access to Gaslamp etc including a tram, and I am assured the breakfast was great!

This hotel is lovely and great value for money!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
SanDiegoManager, General Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Thank you sharing your stay with us. Our staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback on this site. Hope the food poison wasn't anything serious.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

Went to San Diego for the annual DBack - Padre Game. As usual we stayed at the Ramada. I been staying there since it was the Super 8. Since Ramada took over, it has improved. Better room overall. Location is the best for me. Grantville Station is nearby so I don't have to drive anymore.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
SanDiegoManager, General Manager at Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East, responded to this review, July 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments/feedbacks given to us. During the Padre and Charger game our guest can take advantage of the free parking we offer and ride the trolley to either one of the stadiums for only $5.00 round trip. This is better than looking for parking in chaotic downtown and paying $20 for parking at the structure or fighting for a spot at the Qualcomm Stadium.

Been to Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East? Share your experiences!