“Convenient Location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East to your Saves list
Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4380 Alvarado Canyon Road, Hwy 8 & Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA 92120-4301 (Formerly Ramada San Diego Mission Valley)   |
Ranked #197 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Mililani, Hawaii
“Convenient Location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I chose this hotel because it was conveniently located for my business. The room was very clean but tired looking. There appeared to be a lot of renters on the property. The only vending machine I found had only candy and water, no soda. The grounds were littered. The location was great. Only a block away from the Light Rail station with connection to all of San Diego including the stadium where the Chargers play. I would stay there again because of location

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Roswell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Half residence place/half Motel. When I arrived, several rooms had their doors propped open and people were loitering/standing in the doorways and on the balconies hanging out. People were coming and going all night. Left for my flight at 4:30a.m. and there were still people just hanging around outside their rooms (room doors open to the outside.) Didn't see anyone smoking. I absolutely would not take my family here. Thought it would be better, given the price but I was taken.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Totally unappealing from checkin to checkout. Even the vending machines in the lobby are broke. Our room smelled like cigarette smoke. The room's linens appeared to be designed in the 80s but were clean. Cleanliness was the only bright spot in this totally depressing hotel. Do not stay here. Next time I'll pay more to stay closer to town in a more updated locale.

Stayed July 2014
Sahuarita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

When we arrived I had requested a non-smoking room, we noticed we ended up with a smoking room so I was not too happy about that. When we arrived in the room, the room was very dirty, soiled floors, black tub, dried up spaghetti on the floor and carpet. When I went back to the front desk to complain we were moved to a non-smoking room, after that we brought all our bags down to our room we did a quick inspection, what we found was very very shocking! When I peeled back the sheets they were all covered with urine stains! When Informed the front desk about the sheets,she said that they would be right over to change them, that never happened. So we went out to dinner, thinking they would change them by the time we got back. Nope! Now I was really upset so I go to the night clerk to ask for clean sheets, he stated that he would give them to me but I had to change them myself!! NOT COOL! My son cut his leg on the sharp edge of the bed frame which was off center. In closing, this property needs some serious improvements and upgrades in rooms and grounds and just overall cleanness, the carelessness of staff just showed throughout the whole experience. Please enjoy my pictures.

Room Tip: Please make sure rooms are clean, and watch out for the shady characters hanging around the property...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Illinois City, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Clean and quite but was changed only towels.Very close to highway and cafe and restaurant , Walmart not far of way. Pool was freeze,we can't swim.!!!!wifi was free but doesn't work ether. I'm not recommend stay in that hotel mor then one night .

Stayed May 2014
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is no longer a Ramada. When we checked in we were informed that it was sold to Motel 6 and that they no longer would be providing the complimentary breakfast service. They did provide a $10 discount on the room price, however, we were never contacted prior to our arrival and notified of the changes. The staff was confused because of the sudden change also.
The hotel is in a very weird spot, right off of and directly next to the freeway. The room was very low budget. Pretty clean, but not nice to look at.
It did the job, but I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Motel 6 San Diego Mission Valley East? Share your experiences!