“Don't let the hallways give you a first impression ...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #152 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Chicago, Illinois
“Don't let the hallways give you a first impression ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I arrived at San Diego airport at 10:30, the same time their shuttle stops running. I ended up paying $12.00 (inc. tip $15.00) for a cab to the hotel. I was not impressed when I first pulled up but checkin was quick and I got a room down the hall from the lobby. When I opened the door to the room, I was very happy. The room had absolutely no smell and it was clean. It is soooo important that a hotel room has no odor! The room was clean and the bed was comfy. I actually sleept, which I don;t always do when I am at a hotel. One thing I loved was the hairdryer. It worked so well; I know this seems trivial but Ive been at other hotels where the hairdryers worked poorly making my hair look crappy.
Over all, I loved it. I will stay there anytime again. I had to stay at another hotel a few days later and I was very disappointed. Lovely room! However, I wish the shuttle ran later in the evening. Not sure what time they start in the am but I didn't have to be at the airport until 9 am :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Hello Ms Jeannet,

Thank you for staing with us hear at Ramada San Diego Airport, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location and all the amenities of the hotel. We look forward to your future trips to San Diego.

Jyoti Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
CARPINTERIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

The location and view from the third floor balcony were lovely. The staff was friendly and breakfast was fine. The rugs were filthy and the tub needed grouting. There is a noisy street which kept us awake until late when it finally quieted down.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

ramada7628, Manager at Ramada San Diego Airport, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how you enjoyed your stay, because of the beautful location just accross the harbor view and loved the view from one of the balcony rooms. I am sorry you had to be in a room with rug was dirty, we will be reviewing how our rooms are inspected and cleaned out.

El Sobrante, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

my whole stay san diego ramanda in was great, i was in a panic because my friend that was to get me a room that evening didn't happen, i was calling a number of places, when I called the ramada inn, they had a room for me, I was going to take a cab, but the had someone pick me up, i was by myself and the room i was first put in the door to the room would not open, they had me in another room within minutes, the hotel clerk's were awesom, thanks again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am glad Ramada was there to provide last minute accommodations during your business trip to San Diego. It is our pleasure to hear that you found our staff awesome and helpful.
We look forward to any future trips to San Diego.

greeley, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here one night after arriving late one evening. The shuttle was prompt in picking us up at the airport. The room was fine, but as many have said, it did seem a little 'tired'. Bed was comfortable, staff friendly, wifi worked well. The floor tile in the bathroom was the worst tile installation I have ever seen. I recently installed tile in my master bath (the second time I have installed tile) and the quality of my installation was 10 times as good as the Ramada bathroom.

While I don't really care and it didn't affect my stay at all, they should replace it .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am glad you were able to use our Ramada San Diego Airport, for your travel needs and you forund our location conveninet to the San Diego Airport. We reall appreciate your in put where improvements needed in the bathroom area

Been to Ramada San Diego Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada San Diego Airport

Address: 1403 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92106
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#23 On the Beach Hotel in San Diego
#24 Best Value Hotel in San Diego
Hotel Class:2 star — Ramada San Diego Airport 2*
Ramada San Diego Airport a family run business, just minutes away from the San Diego International Airport, offering complimentary shuttle service to and from airport, enjoy an array of restaurants such as Point Loma Seafood, Miguel's Cocina and Brigantine. Conveniently located within few miles to the San Diego Sea World, World famous San Diego Zoo, San Diego Convention Center. Explore deep sea fishing, whale watching just across the street off the Sport Fishing Landing. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Priceline, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ramada San Diego Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada San Diego Airport Hotel San Diego

If you own or manage Ramada San Diego Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.