“The First Impression” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center

You added Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1801 Logan Ave., San Diego, CA 92113 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn-Convention Center/Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #186 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Belize City, Belize
“The First Impression”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my first visit to San Diego.On arrival by taxi from the airport,my first impression was the small size of the hotel.After a little difficulty in finding Rm 206(it was un marked),I settled in tired,but contented.I found the room comfortable and the receptionist's hospitality remarkably relaxing.I felt at home.I had found my home in San Diego for the next six days!

Room Tip: Make sure all the rooms have numbers.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience via TripAdvisor. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us in beautiful San Diego. Our guest rooms are renovated, we are happy you found your room comfortable and relaxing. Sorry about the missing room number sign, we took care of that. We strive to bring to our guest that "home away from home" experience and we look forward to you visiting with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff is really really nice and accommodating. The rooms need a little updating but are clean. Quiet especially for a downtown accessible location. Parking is a little tough.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
We truly appreciate your review for your recent stay and glad that you had no problems with your room. One of our main goals is to offer clean and comfortable rooms to our valuable guest like you. I will pass along your comments to all my front desk staff. Thank you and we see you next time.
San Diego
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Office person very rude.I was asked room # before getting coffee as if I was going to steal her coffee. I am a senior citizen and dress well so that cannot be used as an excuse.I spilled a little coffee and was treated very rude.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeSanDiego, Front Office Manager at Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments. My sincerest apologies that your experience with us has left you feeling unsatisfied and unhappy. I would like to thank you for your honest feedback and I assure you we will be using this feedback to avoid these situations in the future. I can be reached at 619-232-1616 to discuss your stay further.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This Travelodge is not near the Convention Center, despite its name. It is near the highway in the Barrio district, so it's fine for a one night stop on your way through San Diego. I stayed there for business for six nights, which was too long given the location. The Barrio is great for Mexican food and seeing some Latin culture, but you are far away from everything in San Diego, be it for business or tourism. I had a car only for two days, the nearest trolley stop is a good 10 minute walk and taxis must be called. If you do have a car, the parking lot is small but well enclosed/secure.
The women at the reception are well trained, reactive and deal with your check-in and check-out quickly and with a smile/great attitude. The rooms need work, some repainting and just over-all updating. On the other hand, the bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and the cleaning staff replace the soap, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion every day.
The wireless worked either very slowly or not at all, frustrating for a business traveler like myself. The breakfast is available but not good; I recommend going to one of the local Mexican restaurants just one or two blocks away - great food and friendly service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valued feedback about your last stay at the Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with your room, housekeeping service and the front desk.
We are pride of our lovely breakfast, a small selection of items to enjoy every morning.We are very well located a mile from San Diego Downtown and Convention Center, at about 15-20 minutes walk from the Travelodge San Diego. Easy Access to public transportation and very convenient for those who travel for Conferences at the Convention Center of San Diego.
Our goal is to make sure that you have the affordable accommodation, area information, and best service during your stay. As a Conference attendee we must provide all the amenities such as Wifi, breakfast, business room, phone/fax, printer and taxi.

Hope to see you again!

Been to Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!