Don't be fooled by the title...this hotel is not near the convention centre. It is in fact, in the middle of a poorer area of San Diego...I was even warned not to walk around at night. There are no cafes/ restaurants that would appeal to the traveller....these are all in the 'gaslamp quarter'. As a first time traveller to San Diego, it would've been handy to know this!
The staff however, were friendly and did provide a refund for my second night after I decided to leave. If you have a vehicle, there is free parking (unlike hotels in the gaslamp quarter that will charge you for each night). The room was clean & comfortable, had a bar fridge and the wifi worked! There is also complimentary juice/ pastries for breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego is yours to explore at our Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center hotel, near San Diego Airport. Located off Interstate 5, easy access to San Diego Convention Center ,Downtown, Gaslamp, our hotel in San Diego is the perfect choice for a weekend getaway or conference attendance. We offer free Wi-Fi Internet access so you can check directions or catch up on email before you head out on your long day of sightseeing. Limited Parking is available onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge San Diego Downtown Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn-Convention Center/Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Americas Best Value Inn Hotel
- Americas Best Value Inn Motel