“So good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pokez Mexican Restaurant

Pokez Mexican Restaurant
947 E St, San Diego, CA 92101-6511 (Downtown)
619-702-7160
Neighborhood: Downtown
Arlington, Virginia
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Was in town for a trip and was pointed here. I got the fajitas, so much food, the sauce on the chicken was amazing. Nothing fancy inside, but the food! The only issue was trying to decide what to choose.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
“Delicious vegan options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

I've lived in San Diego for years, but recently switched to a vegan diet. I was very pleasantly surprised by how many vegan options were on the menu at Pokez. I ordered the Veggie Machata burrito and it was delicious!

Charlton, Massachusetts
“Tofu chimichanga!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I like to eat vegetarian when I can, and the tofu in the chimichanga was the best tofu ever!! Awesome food.

Visited April 2012
Tucson, AZ
“popular local place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The service was friendly. The waitress gave me some leads on popular dishes and recommendations based on how hungry I was. The packed my lunch to go with everything I needed for my picnic on the bay.

Visited April 2012
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Best Mexican Restaurant (period)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We went to Pokez on a weekday for lunch and I can very honestly tell you, both my fiancee and I have never had better Mexican food ever. The food is very different from what is normally passed around as Mexican. The spices are excellent. Both of us are vegetarian and very picky with regards to food. Yet despite all these constraints, we just loved it. Very friendly people and very cheap. It is not the most romantic of places to go to, but as far as a restaurant is concerned, they serve the best food. My fiancee had the Machacha with potatoes in the breakfast menu and I had a vegetarian burrito and both were mindblowing. Also, the free chips and salsa were worth a mention. The salsa was fresh and amazing. If you are in SD, you should have food here. The best.

• Visited February 2012