“Outstanding food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jsix Restaurant

Jsix Restaurant
616 J St, San Diego, CA 92101-7018 (Downtown)
619-531-8744
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jsix Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #280 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Californian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: J and Sixth Ave.
Transit: Trolley and public bus. Broadway & 6th Ave. bus stop. Walk 0.5mi south to J St. & 6th Ave.
Description: Jsix is a bustling gathering place, perfect for meeting friends for dinner, sharing a glass of wine and an appetizer, or delighting in an enjoyable dinner for two. Chef Christian Graves' menu features Coastal California cuisine, showcasing sustainable proteins and local farm fresh ingredients.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Outstanding food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I visited San Diego for several days, and found Jsix in a "best of" book. We showed up without a reservation on a Thursday night and got a table immediately. Our server did a great job of explaining the specials and the regular menu. We both enjoyed our meals tremendously. The food and service were excellent!

• Visited July 2013
Lauren L, Manager at Jsix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Great to hear! A happy guest like you is the best reward for our hard-working and caring staff!

New York City, New York
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Without question, Jsix is a restaurant you don't want to miss while visiting San Diego. And if you're lucky enough to live in SD a restaurant you want to enjoy this gem on a regular basis.

The chef is creative and all the accolades are very well deserving.

The staff is knowledgable + provide 10/10 service, which I LOVE.

Don't hesitate to eat at Jsix!

• Visited August 2013
Lauren L, Manager at Jsix Restaurant, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
So glad you enjoyed, Chef has a lot of fun putting our menu together and changing it regularly! New dishes with the seasons- hope we see you again during your next visit!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great lunch and exceptional service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I came here for lunch on a Monday around 2pm. I was the only customer and got seated right away. My hotel had recommended this restaurant and had given me a coupon for a free meat platter as an appetizer. I asked the waiter if they would be able to possibly make me a vegan appetizer, and the chef made me a wonderful veggie and hummus plate. I also had the portobello mushroom burger and was very pleased with the waiter, because knowing I was vegan he told me that the bread had milk in it and the pesto sauce had cheese in it. He was very well versed in the menu and helped me order the sandwich but with vegan options. It was delicious and I usually don't particularly like portobellos - I find them to be both mushy and rubbery, but this sandwich was neither of those things! It was delicious! Also, another of the waiters came up to me and told me he was vegetarian and after hearing that I was from out of town, wrote down a handful of vegan friendly restaurants in the area that I should check out. Overall the staff was very friendly, very knowledge about their food, very accommodating, and the food was delicious!

Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Can we go back again please?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband, toddler daughter and I had 6 pm reservations for this place the day after the 4th. We were seated immediately. I was looking for drink with alcohol that didn't taste like it. The waitress came back with a tasty loaded basil lemonade.

We ordered two appetizers, two mains and two desserts and almost everything was perfect. (I didn't care for the Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream).

I would recommend this place!

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to have dinner before going to a Padres game. This place is right across the street from the stadium and wasn't crowded at all. The first thing we were told by our server upon sitting down was that the portions are small, so if we have big appetites, we should order more than one thing. My thought is that if they have to warn you about that, they should probably change their menu a little. I had a burger (which was normal sized) and was alright. One of my friends had the black angel hair pasta, which she declared too salty to eat after about four bites. The restaurant didn't charge us for her meal. However, it seems to me they should spend more time on making good tasting food in decent portions rather than being hoity-toity. The server was friendly and did check on us often.

Visited June 2013