“no longer jammed at lunch, wondering why?” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff
Oceanside
“no longer jammed at lunch, wondering why?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

we like to trek down to Saigon on El Cajon Blvd. we like their food style. very fresh and a clean mouth feel. it used to be so busy at lunch that we had to wait nearly half an hour for food, well worth it though. we like the veggie spring rolls to start with. the staff is very attentive and service is fast. they have a vast array of noodle, rice, and pho dishes. more than you can remember. if you like something, just remember the menu number. no frills on the inside. kind of like a cafeteria but the food is outstanding. off street parking.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars

Davis, California
“Family dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I came down to San Diego to visit my friend. We came by to eat dinner here and I have to say the Vietnamese Cuisine is very delicious. We ordered the family dinner with 7 course dish. We had the garlic crab, fish sour soup, fish pot with oyster sauce, and more food. In all, it was some delicious food. The price was very reasonable. Pretty much similar to the food my parents cook for me. Yummy!!

• Visited September 2012
San Diego, California
“Above Average Vietnamese Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

FOOD
The pho was cooked with quality ingredients making for an incredible broth. The beef was a little fatty for me, but I understand that can be a plus for some. I tried some of my friend's Mongolian beef which was delicious.

ATMOSPHERE
Nice, large dining room. Felt a bit uneasy seeing two large rear projector TVs right above the entrances. I'm sure they have them strapped in, it was just kind of awkward.

SERVICE
Very helpful and attentive. Nothing more to ask from the waiting staff.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Seattle, Washington
“My one and only favorite PHO restaurant in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

There's many Pho/Vietnamese restaurants in San Diego, but IMO I think Saigon is the best. Every dish I've had exceeded my expectations. Their spring rolls are huge! I get full on just an order of spring roll. My wife and I always come here for Pho and every time our families and friends are in town, we bring them here. I left overseas for 3 yrs and upon returning, the first place I went to was Saigon! :)

• Visited October 2011
Miami Beach, FL
“An authentic, inexpensive find in San Diego's Vietnamese neighborhood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Saigon is a basic restaurant, no fancy decor, waiters with (often) minimal English, but the food is excellent, tasty, and very Vietnamese. The pho is made with fresh ingredients and is spiced very well, though there are the usual spices and condiments at the table to add to it. Other dishes--I've been there three times--are also fresh, light, and flavorful. I don't eat meat, but all the vegetables and fish items have been delightful. The prices are outstanding: a large meal with one beer can be had for about $20. Be warned however that the word is out, and the restaurant is often very busy, with a clientele that seems to be mostly local Vietnamese. The restaurant has a fairly good sized parking lot, but I've seen that full on a Saturday night.

• Visited August 2011