“Above Average Vietnamese Food!”
Review of Saigon Restaurant

Dining options: Takeout

87% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Saigon Restaurant
San Diego, California
“Above Average Vietnamese Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

FOOD
The pho was cooked with quality ingredients making for an incredible broth. The beef was a little fatty for me, but I understand that can be a plus for some. I tried some of my friend's Mongolian beef which was delicious.

ATMOSPHERE
Nice, large dining room. Felt a bit uneasy seeing two large rear projector TVs right above the entrances. I'm sure they have them strapped in, it was just kind of awkward.

SERVICE
Very helpful and attentive. Nothing more to ask from the waiting staff.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“My one and only favorite PHO restaurant in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

There's many Pho/Vietnamese restaurants in San Diego, but IMO I think Saigon is the best. Every dish I've had exceeded my expectations. Their spring rolls are huge! I get full on just an order of spring roll. My wife and I always come here for Pho and every time our families and friends are in town, we bring them here. I left overseas for 3 yrs and upon returning, the first place I went to was Saigon! :)

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, FL
“An authentic, inexpensive find in San Diego's Vietnamese neighborhood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Saigon is a basic restaurant, no fancy decor, waiters with (often) minimal English, but the food is excellent, tasty, and very Vietnamese. The pho is made with fresh ingredients and is spiced very well, though there are the usual spices and condiments at the table to add to it. Other dishes--I've been there three times--are also fresh, light, and flavorful. I don't eat meat, but all the vegetables and fish items have been delightful. The prices are outstanding: a large meal with one beer can be had for about $20. Be warned however that the word is out, and the restaurant is often very busy, with a clientele that seems to be mostly local Vietnamese. The restaurant has a fairly good sized parking lot, but I've seen that full on a Saturday night.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“authentic viet namese. good prices and good service and good atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

authentic viet namese. good prices and good service and good atmosphere

San Diego, California
“Straight up traditional...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

Straight up traditional Vietnamese dining. Not for the faint of heart, but definately for the adventurous. I have had shark fin soup, crispy duck and various frog dishes here as well as my favorite vietnamese preparations. The have live seafood in tanks for ultimate freshness. Service can be it hard to understand but relax and take a trip to Saigon.