“Quiet and Low Key - Big on Value” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Vista, California
“Quiet and Low Key - Big on Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I have just recently stayed here for a (3) day business function. The hotel is close to Freeways & many San Diego attractions. The room was clean / quiet and had all the right things in the room - sm. fridge, microwave, coffee maker, internet, decent TV. I was very surprised at the 'breakfast buffet' that was included in the room rates. I was expecting the ever famous 'continental breakfast' - but that is not what Country Inn does -- excellent food items, variety, quality; something for everyone to enjoy. They also have good dinner menu selections. The quality of the food items is very high with a very reasonable price. I was also surprised by all the staff -- Everyone seemed to be happy to be there and ready to supply whatever you could need. The prices for everything / all services were beyond reasonable. I will be coming back to this hotel again -- Next time for personal stay. They also allow pets.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Severn, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I Stayed at this hotel for 7 days in June for my vacation. Very nice location. They had a variety of breakfast items every morning and they also offered cookies daily. NICEEEEE. The reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars because there was a problem with our payment being credited and it was pretty scary.. Also I am a Carlson Club Member and they ask you to fill out a Survey at the end of your visit and they promise to give you 500. Points but that's not the case. I still haven't received any points and I called about it and was told the manager's put the pointrs in the system but they was no manager available.. I guess because I stated that the visit could have been better because of the money mishap that they finally resolved while I was there. I don't receive any points imagine that. wowwww. Other than that it's a nice hotel and I wish they were sincere on me receiving points for doing my survey Overall if in the San diego area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was good!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend and the place was booked to capacity-evidenced by the packed to over flowing breakfast area. The staff was kept hopping clearing dishes and refilling food to keep it moving and they did a great job! Room was clean and comfortable with fridge and microwave, sitting chair and desk area. First stay in a Country Inn and if they are all like this will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have yet to stay at a Country Inn and Suites but my family and friends decided to stay at this hotel during our trip to San Diego for the Del Mar fairgrounds and we loved it! Surprisingly, it's not too far away from the fairgrounds, approximately 15 minutes (or more with traffic).
Not only were we greeted with very warm customer service at check-in and throughout all hours of leaving and coming back to the hotel, our rooms were also very nice too-- if you cannot deal with light when you sleep, they have these amazing blackout blinds that work wonders even during the day, simply amazing! As far as a deal, you cannot beat snacks throughout the day (cookies and tea/coffee complimentary at the front desk), the free hot breakfast buffet (not that I ate all of the items available but they had eggs, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, fruits/fruit salad, cereal, bagels, DIY waffles, coffees, teas, milks, juices), free internet, and free parking. I did not get to see the gym, pool or fitness center-- I did see the pool from my friend's room, very clean and a nice size. I would have loved to eat at the Lounge, but it was closed due to the holidays (very understandable) but they did have a little shop you could purchase microwavable items and sodas from.
Honestly, only downside to this was that our group didn't stay longer! I will be sure to stay at this location and for a longer period, if I come back to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Country Inn San Diego North. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good and help set this hotel and hotel chain apart from similar hotel chains that offer either nothing or barebones breakfast offerings.
Customer service is very good as evidenced by a hotel maintenance worker who quickly and efficiently fixed a leaky shower faucet and issue with our in room TV's volume.
The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were clean and attractive and my kids and I enjoyed them. I look forward to staying here again next time we are in SD. Much better than so many of the hotels on Hotel Circle!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our first time at a Country Inn and Suites. Our group's organizer selected this hotel for its location. I would stay at this property again based on our positive experience. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean, the staff was pleasant and responsive, the complimentary breakfast was well prepared and we appreciated the variety of items offered. The pool and spa tub were also clean and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I stayed here during our trip to San Diego. The property is clean and sparkling. We had a King Suite and the size of the room was perfect for us with plenty of room for the kids to play during our down time. The King bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed was a sofa bed....springy and hard to sleep on, but my daughter was comfortable enough. The staff is awesome....very kind and helpful. Once we went to the pool and there were no towels. A quick trip to the front desk got us towels immediately at pool side. The pool is very clean and has a great shallow area perfect for my 5 year-old. The breakfast was well apportioned with hot items and things like cereals and a waffle making station. The only issue we had was the location of the room. We got in late on Saturday evening and all they had left apparently was a room with a view of the wall that encloses the entire second story. I would recommend asking for a room above the second floor. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor as there is a wall that totally obstructs the view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North? Share your experiences!