“Nice Vacation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Severn, Maryland
“Nice Vacation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I Stayed at this hotel for 7 days in June for my vacation. Very nice location. They had a variety of breakfast items every morning and they also offered cookies daily. NICEEEEE. The reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars because there was a problem with our payment being credited and it was pretty scary.. Also I am a Carlson Club Member and they ask you to fill out a Survey at the end of your visit and they promise to give you 500. Points but that's not the case. I still haven't received any points and I called about it and was told the manager's put the pointrs in the system but they was no manager available.. I guess because I stated that the visit could have been better because of the money mishap that they finally resolved while I was there. I don't receive any points imagine that. wowwww. Other than that it's a nice hotel and I wish they were sincere on me receiving points for doing my survey Overall if in the San diego area I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was good!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shawn P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. While we are delighted to read your comments and see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, we are disappointed to see that you experienced a few issues that negatively impacted your overall experience and we sincerely apologize for these issues. As for the points that are credited to your account, I would be more than happy to credit you these points as well as additional Club Carlson points for the inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly at your convenience so that we may remedy this issue. Otherwise, thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you the next time you return to San Diego!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Yuma, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed over the 4th of July weekend and the place was booked to capacity-evidenced by the packed to over flowing breakfast area. The staff was kept hopping clearing dishes and refilling food to keep it moving and they did a great job! Room was clean and comfortable with fridge and microwave, sitting chair and desk area. First stay in a Country Inn and if they are all like this will be staying again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the hotel community. We would also like to thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting San Diego during the 4th of July holiday and are delighted to see that you greatly enjoyed your time with us. We all know that the 4th of July holiday can be very hectic and we are glad to see that we could do our part to make your Holiday weekend as positive of an experience as possible. We sincerely hope that the next time you return to San Diego that we will be your hotel of choice!
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have yet to stay at a Country Inn and Suites but my family and friends decided to stay at this hotel during our trip to San Diego for the Del Mar fairgrounds and we loved it! Surprisingly, it's not too far away from the fairgrounds, approximately 15 minutes (or more with traffic).
Not only were we greeted with very warm customer service at check-in and throughout all hours of leaving and coming back to the hotel, our rooms were also very nice too-- if you cannot deal with light when you sleep, they have these amazing blackout blinds that work wonders even during the day, simply amazing! As far as a deal, you cannot beat snacks throughout the day (cookies and tea/coffee complimentary at the front desk), the free hot breakfast buffet (not that I ate all of the items available but they had eggs, sausages, potatoes, yogurt, fruits/fruit salad, cereal, bagels, DIY waffles, coffees, teas, milks, juices), free internet, and free parking. I did not get to see the gym, pool or fitness center-- I did see the pool from my friend's room, very clean and a nice size. I would have loved to eat at the Lounge, but it was closed due to the holidays (very understandable) but they did have a little shop you could purchase microwavable items and sodas from.
Honestly, only downside to this was that our group didn't stay longer! I will be sure to stay at this location and for a longer period, if I come back to this area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community and out potential customers. On behalf of our entire hotel, we would like to thank you for your amazing comments regarding your experience and all of the hotel options that you were able to enjoy, as well as some that you unfortunately were unable to enjoy while visiting the Del Mar Fair. All of our complimentary services are garnered to provide the best hotel experience, while here on business or for leisure, and we are delighted to see that you were able to take advantage and enjoy most of our amenities. We look forward to when your travels return you to the area and we hope to see you once more!
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Country Inn San Diego North. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good and help set this hotel and hotel chain apart from similar hotel chains that offer either nothing or barebones breakfast offerings.
Customer service is very good as evidenced by a hotel maintenance worker who quickly and efficiently fixed a leaky shower faucet and issue with our in room TV's volume.
The outdoor pool and jacuzzi were clean and attractive and my kids and I enjoyed them. I look forward to staying here again next time we are in SD. Much better than so many of the hotels on Hotel Circle!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. Looking through your kind comments, we are delighted to see that you were able to enjoy many of the complimentary items that we offer to our guests, with our complimentary hot buffet breakfast standing out in particular. Additionally, I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our maintenance staff, whom is always happy to assist our guest with any guest issues in a timely matter. Thank you once again, and we sincerely hope to see you in the near future!
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was our first time at a Country Inn and Suites. Our group's organizer selected this hotel for its location. I would stay at this property again based on our positive experience. The beds were comfortable, the room was very clean, the staff was pleasant and responsive, the complimentary breakfast was well prepared and we appreciated the variety of items offered. The pool and spa tub were also clean and well maintained.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community and our potential customers. We would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel property while you stayed with us while visiting San Diego with your sporting group. We know that there are many options for your team to choose in the area and we are very delighted to have been provided the opportunity to host your team. Hopefully your travels return you to the area and we hope to see you once again!
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family and I stayed here during our trip to San Diego. The property is clean and sparkling. We had a King Suite and the size of the room was perfect for us with plenty of room for the kids to play during our down time. The King bed was very comfortable. The sofa bed was a sofa bed....springy and hard to sleep on, but my daughter was comfortable enough. The staff is awesome....very kind and helpful. Once we went to the pool and there were no towels. A quick trip to the front desk got us towels immediately at pool side. The pool is very clean and has a great shallow area perfect for my 5 year-old. The breakfast was well apportioned with hot items and things like cereals and a waffle making station. The only issue we had was the location of the room. We got in late on Saturday evening and all they had left apparently was a room with a view of the wall that encloses the entire second story. I would recommend asking for a room above the second floor. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor as there is a wall that totally obstructs the view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with our potential customers. We are very glad to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel in one of our King Suite rooms, while on vacation with your family. We are also delighted to see that you were able to experience many of the complimentary amenities that our hotel offers, from our complimentary hot buffet breakfast, to our outdoor heated pool which is perfect for relaxing during the hot San Diego summers. We look forward to the next time your travels return you to San Diego, and we sincerely hope to see you again!
Santa Maria, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Usually, we stay at Best Westerns but we couldn't get into our usual and I'm glad. We got to try the Country Inn & Suites for the first time and were very satisfied with the room, free breakfast with hot items, plenty of space and a friendly, professional front desk. With our son attending UCSD we'll be staying here again!

Room Tip: We asked for a received a room away from the ice machines. The room was spacious and clean with nice...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community and our potential customers. We are delighted to see that you greatly enjoyed your first time experience with our hotel and are ecstatic to see that we may be your hotel of choice when you return to San Diego. We look forward to your next visit, and wish the best for your son as he attends nearby UCSD.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North? Share your experiences!