“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, CA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I normally stay at Hampton Inns when traveling for business in San Diego. I decided to give this hotel a try and so glad I did. The hotel has a spacious, comfortable lobby with a small restaurant and bar. It's nice to know you can come in after a long day and grab a bite and a glass of wine, something you can't get at a Hampton. The room was comfortable, clean and quiet and the free breakfast buffet had something for everyone. There was plenty of seating for breakfast, no fighting for a table. Parking and internet are free. Give it a try!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shawn P, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. We are very glad to see that you decided to provide us the opportunity to be the new hotel of choice when you visit the San Diego area. As we are located in a heavy business area, we love to provide our guests with a relaxing area, including our restaurant and bar for our guests to enjoy their evenings after work. We are very happy to see that you greatly enjoyed this feature and we look forward to the next time you return to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn for three nights and found the facilities there to be excellent. The service and staff were very helpful. The room was nicely furnished, quiet and clean. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well. I also booked meeting space for two full days for business meetings at this hotel. All of my needs and those of others attending my meetings were met to our complete satisfaction. I would definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in the area, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. As a guest whom booked meeting space with us, you truly were able to have the opportunity to enjoy all that our hotel has to offer, and we are very pleased to see that you greatly enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you once more when business or pleasure returns you to the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you drive into the parking lot you are greeted with a beautiful view of the hotel and enter to meet the friendliest staff. The breakfast attendants one male and female were here during our stay made sure we had everything we needed and personally came up to ask which I found to be a excellent customer service. All the front desk staff were great as well as the housekeepers. Loved everything about it!!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the online community and our potential customers. Your comments really capture the overall goal of what we are trying to accomplish each day, in creating a quiet, comfortable experience, supported by a friendly, helpful, and welcoming staff. We are very pleased to see that we were able to accomplish this, and sincerely we hope to see you once more when your travels return you to this area!
EL CENTRO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel years ago when it was a Wyndam Hotel and the only hotel in the Sorrento/Mira Mesa Area. The Country Inn and Suites by Carlson was new to me but I thought I would take a chance. After staying at the Embassy Suites La Jolla nearby two weeks earlier for cataract surgery on my right eye, I found them to be too pricey for my stay during my left eye surgery. I decided on the Country Inn and Suites San Diego North because it was not much further for the Shiley Institute Shuttle Service and the Internet, Parking and Breakfast were free and the government rate was about $60 cheaper than the Embassy Suites La Jolla.

A top floor room was available and it was so quiet, I actually thought I was the only one on the floor. After my surgery on Tuesday morning, I returned at about 9 am to a freshly made up room, put the "Do not Disturb" napped most of the day with no interruptions. The following morning when leaving to go down to breakfast, the housekeeping staff had left me a small bag of extra toiletries, towels, etc. with a note stating they knew I didn not want to be disturbed but they wanted to make sure I had all my needs met.

The hotel restaurant offers the free breakfast from 6 to 9 am daily and is open from 5 pm to 10 pm during the week with a nice assortment on the menu. They also offer room service during those hours and a comfortable lobby lounge serving cocktails nightly. A cozy fireplace in the lobby offers the guests a very unique "country" atmosphere.

The staff is excellent, friendly and accomodating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone whether on business or leisure. A very nice place to stay!

Room Tip: I would recommend the top floor and 728-730.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the online community. We love to hear all of the feedback from our guests, and we are very excited to see that you greatly enjoyed your stay with us during your surgery. We strive to provide all of our guests with a quiet relaxing experience and it is wonderful to see that we were able to accomplish our goals. We hope to see you once more when your travels return you to the area!
Viimsi, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We recently spend 4 nights in Country Inn & Suites.
The hotels was cosy and nice, check in very pleasant. Hotel room was big, comfortable and very well maintained. Most important - room was sooo quiet (Y) The staff were always friendly and polite.
Wifi connection in rooms was superb!
Breakfast very good - great choice of hot dishes, fruits and youghurt - very good start for the day!
We really enjoyed our stay and San Diego is now one of my favourite citys in the world :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachael M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us.. We are very happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay at our hotel with us. It is great to see, not only were we able to meet your expectations but to raise them for future stays. I am glad we were able to provide you with a memorable visit. Once again thank you for the great review as we look forward to once again being your hotel of choice the next time you return to the San Diego area!
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here just one night but it already felt like home (or even better!). The room, the breakfast buffet, the free of charge tea and coffee in the lobby any time, the stuff, it all made my stay really comfortable and nice. Recommend to everyone!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see that you were able to enjoy your over all stay with us. We hope were able to take advantage of our excellent centrally located location within Northern San Diego and the Downtown area, complementary hot breakfast buffet, and other free amenities. Once again, thank you for the great review and we look forward to once again being your hotel of choice the next time you return to the San Diego area!
Riverside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We've stayed at several Country Inn & Suites in SoCal, and special recognition goes to Rachael, the morning front desk person here. She's was friendly and very knowledgeable of the area. She gave us suggestions, insider tips on what to see in San Diego and more importantly, how to get there! The breakfast was good and the cookies were fresh and seemingly bottomless regardless of the time of day or evening. It was nice to have a refrigerator (that actually kept food cold) and a microwave in the room. The fitness center was divided into two medium-sized rooms; one had weights and the other treadmills and a stepper. The machines appeared hardly used. They had flat screen TVs in both rooms. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the San Diego area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Country Inn & Suites on Tripadvisor. We are all very excited to hear your stay with us was enjoyable. We strive to provide excellent customer service and hope to leave a lasting good impression, from our quiet centrally located location between Northern San Diego to the Downtown areas and all of our amenities we offer, free of charge. Thank you for your kind comments for Rachael and our entire staff we will be sure to recognize them for their excellent efforts to provide a memorable stay. We hope you choose us the next time you venture to San Diego. Have a great day.

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Diego North? Share your experiences!