“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn San Diego (Hotel Circle)

You added Vagabond Inn San Diego (Hotel Circle) to your Saves list
Vagabond Inn San Diego (Hotel Circle)
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #196 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Arizona
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I have stayed at all the hotels on hotel circle in this price range, and the vagabond inn stand above the rest. Frequenting the San Diego area on business, it was nice to stay at a place where the rooms were clean (without that odd smell that you just can't place), everything worked, and the staff was courteous: not mention the DELICIOUS WAFFLES. This is the only place I will stay in San Diego.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Norwich, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2009

Arrived late after long haul flight so pleasantly suprised with comfortable room and a friendly welcome. Hotel ideally placed for all local things to see such as Balboa Park and Coronado but a car as with much of the US is essential. Breakfast good but repetitive, stay away from the cafe near the Days inn and head for the Fashion Valley Mall only five mins walk or two by car.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Chandler
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Nice place and I enjoyed my stay. Rooms where very clean. Only problem was with the TV remote and I had no hot water on Tuesday morning Oct 6 of my stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
sacramento, calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

Nice room, clean. The remote control was temperamental. I would stay there again. The price could be less.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2009

My stay at the Vagabond Inn was so great! The workers were very polite and well dressed. The room was very clean and organized, and I will definitely be returning to this hotel for future stays. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a place to stay at an affordable price. I was very satisfied with my whole stay. It was fantastic.

• Liked — The room was spacy and very clean
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Dimas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

Decided to go to S.D. Natural History Museum to view the BodyWorlds exhibition with my husband, son, and 2 friends and needed a cheap, bedbug free, breakfast providing hotel that was close to the museum and beaches. With a Jacuzzi Suite for approx. $120 Vagabond Inn clinched the deal.
Upon arrival we were pleasantly surprised at our friendly service at check-in and how clean our rooms were. (We booked 2 rooms a standard 2 queen for $55 and the jacuzzi suite). They were not huge but w/ limited space and la-di-da granite countertops the hotel managed to make the queen room cozy enough and despite a few yucky looking black spots in the bathtub it was alot better than a few other hotels I've stayed @.
But the suite...whew! what a beaut! Welcome basket with 2 bathrobes, slippers, 4 cd player with surround sound, vanity mirror, mood lighting, dvd player, flatscreen plasma t.v., basically everything the website promised AND the toilet paper was folded into and origami bouqet of flowers...My gf and I screamed in excitement! For a change this cheapy hotel room actually got better and better...The location was great! We got to Coronado for a spectacular sunset in about 20 min. and to the museum next day in 8. We all noshed on good sushi, put my son to bed, then us 3 friends lounged w/ Mr. Bubbles, music, dimmed lighting, and The Captain till late. The bfast wasn't anything to write home about although the waffles were good. But I could've done without a snarky comment from an employee asking if I had come back for 2nds. Cuz yes I usually feed my son and hubby first and seeing as I am limited on how much I can carry back to the room, yes I will be back (gasp!) a 2nd time to humbly feed myself on 1/2 a waffle and a coffee..but I angrily digress.
Seeing how close we were to Balboa Park and since our request for a late checkout was granted, we had ample time to sunbathe and swim in one of the 2 heated pools before taking showers and heading out. Overall it was a smash...LOVED IT!!!! Def. recommend to others and will return hopefully for a longer stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2009

Pluses:
- Let me check-in early (10:30am)
- Waffle continental breakfast
- Great service/staff
- 2 good-sized pools
- In-room amenities (mini-fridge, microwave, coffeemaker)
- Great location, close to freeway on/off-ramps

Minuses:
- Non-smoking room reaked of smoke and as I walked in, my neighbors were smoking in their non-smoking room with (at least) the door open
- Walls/floors are paper thin
- Sub-par bed & bath linens (even for a motel)
- Free Wi-Fi was bogged down and slower than my old 56k modem used to be

Overall:
Given all the competition around, I'd assume I'd be getting more bang for my buck. I expect the sub-par motel experience at a monopoly in a small town - not amidst 40 other hotels and motels in a big city. I found myself wondering how much better the other motels around me as I came and went. Not a good feeling!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Vagabond Inn San Diego (Hotel Circle)? Share your experiences!