“Honeymoon stay ” 5 of 5 stars

Ireland
“Honeymoon stay ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Amazing amazing amazing!
Stayed here on our honeymoon in early October whilst travelling the west coast!
Our room (which we were upgraded to) was the Signature suite) was gorgeous!
The staff were so friendly and helpful, from the valet to concierge to the reception team, everyone we came into contact with were fab!
Will definetly be returning! Amazing hotel! Loved it!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Congratulations!

We are elated to hear that your expectations were exceeded during this special road trip. We agree that THE US GRANT is a special stop and made all the more special by sharing in the start of this amazing journey you have endeavored!

Please come see us again and continue to assist with writing our history in the making!

Nathan Davis, Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Arabic first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The U.S. Grant is a superclassy, top-notch hotel with excellent service, a great location in the heart of the Gaslamp District, and one of my favorite places to stay in San Diego. The restaurant is also a great place to have dinner and/or drinks when staying there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NFBD, Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

We think our guests who take the time to pen a review to assist others with finding such a quality experience as you did is a classy move! Thank you and please come back again soon for all the exceptional reasons you list!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My only reason for not rating this hotel a five, is there lack of communication and follow thru. .The
first day we arrived I was really excited as the hotel was absolutely gorgeous however that night it was really hot and we had air down as low as you could adjust it so I contacted the front desk and they said someone from engineering would be up in thirty minutes which never happened. I had to go to front desk at which time the young man that I informed of the ac not working was at the front desk along with another gentlemen. I informed him that I had called hours earlier and that I had spoken to the guy standing beside him, he then ask him why no one had been up to fix the ac and he stated he got busy and forgot. This should not happen in a five star hotel with where you pay several hundred dollars a night, not to mention thirty eight dollars for parking. Everyone we knew stayed at other hotels that there customer service skills were impeccable. If your going to hotel just for the beauty of hotel , and don't care about there customer service skills or price then this is the hotel for you. Location is great. I did expect a call from there general manager which never occurred. If your just looking for a place to lay your head I would suggest finding some place that would appreciate your business.

Room Tip: all rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greetings Kathy,

Thank you for your balanced review. We apologize for not delivering the excetional for you during your stay as this is our goal with every guest! We note that there were issues with the AC during your stay but what is more problematic was the perceived lack of care in our ambassadors assisting you. We hope that this does not prevent you from returning and rest assured that if you do we will relish the opportunity to win your loyalty and that coveted 5 star review!

Thank you again for your stay and your feedback,

Brighton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very historic hotel. The lighting in the hallways and the room is very dim (maybe to conceal the dirt). There is so much dust on the baseboards in the halls and around the doorways. The rooms are okay, just need a deep cleaning. I have a severe allergy to dust so my two day stay was a little uncomfortable. Maybe a deep carpet cleaning would be good too. I feel for the money I spent, ($250.00 per night) that my room should at least be immaculate. The staff was very nice and helpful though. My son was graduating boot camp at MCRD so we needed a place close to the base. This hotel was only 15 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
NFBD, Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Your feedback on our cleanliness is appreciated and is a focus for our Housekeeping team as I write this. We hope that the next time you are in downtown San Diego you will again consider us for your preferred destination.

Perhaps we will be able to overcome this previous challenge and show you another side of our hotel experience and earn that 5th star that we desire,

Burbank, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Well, let me start this the right way, this hotel lobby is spectacular in every way, truly gorgeous and if that is what you are looking for, this hotel hits the nail on the head. With that being said here is my review. So my wife and I are a bit picky, I expect 5 Star services from door to room regardless of the time day or the day of the week. I arrived at 12PM on a Sunday no doormen, OK that is being childish I can open my own door. Check-in was a breeze, I expected a porter to take my bag, nope… OK I’m a big boy I can carry my own bag. Getting to our 3rd Floor was easy enough, and the 3rd floor lobby was sparse but nice, and then the hallway... Very dark and water stains on the carpets everywhere... needless to say that kind of kills the ambiance. Once inside the room, they were nice the furnishing were in good taste and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom could have been cleaner, it was evident that the floors were not properly cleaned each day, I discovered this when I came out of the shower and got the floor wet and dried it with a white towel, let’s just say it was not as clean as it should have been.

NFBD, Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing your balanced review with the Trip Advisor faithful. We agree that a 5 star hotel should have higher standards than all others. We also need our guests to provide feedback such as this to ensure that we do not falter in our quest and that is why I want to sincerely thank you for this.

All elements of our hotel experience should be top notch and after 103 years in the making our service experience has never been better, though this is not to say that we are perfect. Please come back to visit us again and see if we can win you over.

pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the hotel in early OCtober. WE had asked for a quiet room and that what what we got, a little walk from the elevator, but quiet, well equipped room, clean, good maid service.
The staff were very helpful , we received a drink coupon for being Starwood Gold members. the bar is charming and the drink ( a special Mahattan) was the best.
Breakfast was include with our AAA rate and it was plentiful. I liked the french toast.
We had dinner there on our art night, I tried the tasting menu with the wine additions.
My husband left some clothing in our room, we called the hotel when we returned home and the hotel shipped them to us.

Room Tip: there may be some sweet noise, check with the desk if that bothers yo.
Green Features: Towels were big and cozy, we reused as much as possible
Anne,

Allow me to start by saying thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and congratualtions on your achievement as a Gold member. We are glad that the drink in Grant Grill was suitable to your taste as we take great pride in our award winning mixology culture.

Please do come back and see us again as we know that in a sea of competition it is our most loyal that keep us working hard to deliver the exceptional!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our first time at the US Grant and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Service was impeccable and personalized. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we were happy with our stay.

After our first night, most of the staff recognized us by name and welcomed us every time they came in contact with us. Additionally, the Grant Grilled restaurant was an experience in itself with fantastic food and a diverse wine selection.

The US Grant, with its luxurious style, left us with an appetite for more (figuratively and literally).

NFBD, Manager at The US Grant, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Whether wetting your palate in Grant Grill, feasting on IRD in your guest room or becoming a part of the family with our ambassadors we agree that there is a lot to experience. Too much so in fact for this to be achieved in only one visit!

This is why we encourage you to return to again and again to help us write our history in the making!

Nathan Davis, Director of Operations

Been to The US Grant? Share your experiences!