“Average hotel close to the airport.” 3 of 5 stars

Book Now and Save 20%
Ranked #54 of 269 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stuttgart, Germany
“Average hotel close to the airport.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Hotel is a regular business hotel which does not offer anything special except the proximity to the airport. The available vending machine on my floor did not work, so I had to go down a floor. It's not really easy to find your room as there are no signs. In my view, the rooms might undergo a renovation, especially the bathroom area. I had an early flight out and I used the hotel shuttle to the airport which was very convenient.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I travel very week and am very skeptical of staying at an airport hotel. I was very surprised by this Hilton. It was clean, well maintained, rooms were very spacious...and very friendly service. I was there for one night but I enjoyed the bay view immensely and enjoyed my cup of coffee on the balcony. I did not hear any airplanes at all. The hotel is close to little Italy and Gas Lamp district if you need to go out...I recommend this hotel to business as well as vacation travelers.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A little high priced, however the view was great! The staff and service was exceptional. The room was a little dated, but clean and plenty large enough. ( Had a room with two doubles. ) Asked for Crib and got right away, as well as foam pillows and extra towels. Everyone was very helpful and eager to accomodate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed here two nights in June. There was a glitch as soon as I checked in--the bath items hadn't been replenished after the previous guest checked out. That was taken care of pretty quickly and management was very nice about the whole thing. I liked the parking setup.

Clean room, comfortable bed. I was upgraded to a high floor with a great view of the harbor and surroundings. Plenty of outdoor parking and very easy to go in and out any time of day.

I would consider staying there again. This hotel is a lot smaller and quieter than the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. I didn't realize it at the time, but this hotel IS participating in the current Hilton Honors promotion, while the Hilton Bayfront IS NOT. Had I known that, I would have booked another night at this hotel instead of switching to the Bayfront to be closer to Coronado and the Gaslamp District.

The one thing I didn't like is that as a Hilton Honors Diamond member I was handed a daily voucher for a continental breakfast and charged $5.00 to upgrade to a full breakfast. I think that's a lame way of extracting an additional five dollars from the guest. At least the upgrade didn't cost $10, which is what I ran into at the Hilton Bayfront. For me the upgrade was worth it, but I think they're losing more than five or ten dollars worth of good will by charging for an upgrade. I guess loyalty programs ain't what they used to be.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Prescott, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We traveled with our dog and the entire staff was very welcoming and friendly. This hotel is located only a few minutes from the airport, marinas and several restaurants. The hotel restaurant and bar also overlooks one of the Marinas. There is a great walking/jogging path along the bay that provides fantastic views of the U.S. Naval ships entering and exiting the base.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

winslow, maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Nice place. Pricey of course, at $300 + per night, but very nice. We had a 1BR suite w 2 baths. Decadent tiled shower with "bedroom sized" en suite bathroom. Maid service requests...we called, put the phone back in the cradle, the door knocked! A little eery! Like they had someone stationed outside the door waiting to cater to us. We were on the top (9th) floor on the corner, so it was very quiet. We did find paper coffe cups a little bit a let down considering the decadence of the room otherwise. Great place. Would stay again for longer period if budget allows.

Room Tip: top floor, end for quietness. We had room 927.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a flight canceled, so ended up overnighting here Monday night as I usually stay at Hiltons as a Diamond member. Enjoyed the stay. Staff was great, Rooms are smaller than newer hotels, but look like they have been recently renovated and are quite nice. The views from the upper floor balconies are quite nice. The only complaint I had, and I'm guessing was specific to the corner room I had on the 8th floor, was that the noise above me was almost unbearable at times. I don't think there was a room above me, it seemed like there was a maintenance room or a housekeeping room. All I heard for hours was walking and things being pushed or dragged across the floor. Luckily I was exhausted and eventually fell asleep, I was too tired to ask for a room change, so a little of my fault. I don't recommend that room. This is why I couldn't give 5 stars. Otherwise, the hotel is in a great location with a great staff. And I ate ate at a great restaurant, Tom Ham's Lighthouse, right down the street.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island? Share your experiences!