I will first start by saying that this hotel wasn't all that bad. I personally would not stay there again just because I don't like the old style decor, and would much rather prefer the modern design, however that's just me.
The staff was excellent and extremely helpful with everything I needed, check in was a complete breeze although I was extremely dissappointed that with as many parking spots as this hotel has they still charge for parking.. But it is San Diego and a lot of places outside of the downtown area are starting to charge now. They do have patrolled access gates however in and out so that does add a little security.
The first room i was given was called a garden room which sounded nice, it wasn't in one of the large towers so I figured it would have beautiful sceanary and would be very quite. Quite the opposite actually, my scenary outside my window was of an ugly fence and I could hear everything going on outside my room. The worst thing about it though was when i opened the door I actually laughed at how small the room was, basically it was just barely large enough for the bed and the television, which was horribly small also. The bathroom was like a matchbox. I called the front desk and told them I wanted a room that was a little larger and they were quick to accomodate, they placed me in one of the towers on the ground floor so I had a patio. They even sent a bellman to my garden room to deliver my new room keys, he even offered to give us a ride to the new room. Once again excellent service. When i opened the door to the new room I was given I was pleasantly suprised. The bathroom was extremely large, with a second sink and vanity area. The bed was huge and the room itself was rather large, with built-in AC so it was never noisey when it was ran. The television also got much larger to with the new room.
So my recommendation to anyone preparing to stay at this hotel is to tell the staff members that you would like a room in one of the two main towers, those rooms do not serve to disappoint, and while I was on the ground floor with many rooms above me I was not disturbed my noise at all. Everything was great, the bed was even really comfortable. Just keep in mind that since this is an older hotel the rooms have older style decors.
They did maintain their grounds very well however and all the surroundings were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Mission Valley, the heart of San Diego. Convenient, central location provides easy access to all of the city's sites, businesses & attractions. 6 miles from Lindbergh Field and ten minutes from Old Town, Zoo, Balboa Park, SeaWorld, beautiful bays & beaches. On property you will find tranquil grounds adorned with picturesque gardens & scenic walkways in addition to a full service spa, fitness center, 3 pools,large sunning deck and whirpool,4 restaurants & trolley stop. Shopping & golf adjacent. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Town and Country Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel San Diego
- Hotel Town And Country
- Town Country Resort San Diego