“Loved our Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #147 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Houston, Texas
“Loved our Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here my last night in San Diego just to get away from everyone and spend the night together. As soon as we pulled up, the place was so cozy and cute. I liked it right off the bat.

Once we got to our room, we liked it even more. The King bed was HUGE, canopy style with a million pillows and very comfortable for a hotel bed. Also, the room had a back door, which led to a little patio, which I thought was great as well. I slept very great. Also, I loved how the hotel's hair dryer wasn't a piece of junk like many others. It even had attachments. The room was great and the hotel was really cute. I just wish we would have had more time to explore the resort and enjoy the place, as we arrived after midnight and left before 9 am. Still, I enjoyed it very much!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your short overnight visit with us. Perhaps on your next trip through San Diego you can stay a bit longer and enjoy more than just the room on our vast property. We look forward to having you again and do thank you for taking the time to post your online review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had a conference here so I stayed here for several days. Old, very outdated, just generally depressing. San Diego is so beautiful, but you would never know it if this is all you saw. The only positive is the staff all seem to really try to help you make the best of it. Beware...if they tell you your room has an obstructed view, they mean obstructed! Ours had a full block wall in front of the entire balcony! Had to switch, otherwise we would have never seen the sun. Also, they make you pay for everything. WiFi, fitness center, parking, etc...nothing is included. Room service menu is limited and unhealthy. No in room safe, refrigerator by request only, no microwave, tiny coffee maker as old as the hotel. This place is run down and worn out. The one nice area is the day spa, but the fitness center is as antiquated as the rest of the place. I feel bad for the staff, as they probably get so many complaints. But it's beyond their control, yet most remain friendly and keep smiling. However, I will not return.

• Stayed March 2013
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are so very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us for your conference. We are in the process of a major refreshing of the hotel so a lot of what you mention in your review is currently being addressed and we do appreciate your input. Microwaves are also available upon request and safes are available at the front desk for guest usage. Thank you so much for your time.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I attended the Fair Housing Convention February 15 and February 16, 2013 at the Town and Country Resort. It was a great experience! The room was excellent, the hotel staff very friendly and the hotel amazing. It is huge with more than one pool and excellent restaurants. I raved about the hotel so much that my husband came down and joined me during the convention. It made our Valentine's Day very special!
We both lan on returning soon.

Room Tip: If you're attending a convention, pick a room in the hotel towers close to the convention center...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
We enjoyed having the Fair Housing Convention here last month so we’re very happy that you also enjoyed the experience. We appreciate your comments on our staff, the room and our restaurants and what a wonderful treat having your husband join you for a special Valentine’s getaway. You’ll have to try to make a make a trip to San Diego an annual event!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a conference. Location is great. Very centralized with light rail just across the parking lot. Service was very good. Very friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Near food, shopping, and the ocean.

• Stayed March 2013
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
It was our pleasure to host you for your first CADA conference held here at the Town and Country. We’re so pleased you enjoyed your San Diego visit and all that our hotel had to offer you. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2015 – if not sooner.
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is my second time attending the CADA Conference. I'm glad to see that renovations have been made to the rooms. They did a really job in creating a more fresher and modern space. I would like to also take this opportunity to thank both Sonya and Pisey in reservations for assisting me and my staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We thank you for being here once more for the CADA conference. It’s our pleasure to have your group here every other year and we look forward to having you back in 2015. So glad you enjoyed our newer rooms, all will be complete by your conference’s next visit. Thank you also for mentioning that Pisey and Sonya were for helpful to you and your staff in the reservations process. Your comments have been shared with them.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Every time I have dined at Trellises I have had only the best service. The staff is friendly and the food is outstanding. Our waitress was Pati Muklevicz. The Town and Country and Trellises is fortunate to have such an attentive and quality person as Pati working at its facility. It is my first choice for business meetings for breakfast or lunch. My family has held special dinners and brunches also and have never been dissatisfied. We highly recommend Trellises and the Town and Country for out of town visitors and in town meetings. In my opinion it is the best conference facility in San Diego! Jeanette Roache

Room Tip: The garden rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your wonderful comments about the food and service at Trellises Garden Grille. Trellises has been nominated year after year as a great place for business meetings and we’re so glad you agree. We also appreciate that you use our restaurant for your special family meals and events. The restaurant has a private room for such functions, or the entire restaurant can be booked if the event is large enough. Many weddings and other such events have taken place here and all the team, including Patti, always provide outstanding service to our guests. Thanks, we look forward to having you with us for many years to come.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a few members that checked into this hotel last night for the CADA convention and they have told me nothing but positive things about it. Every feedback I recevied from them was positive, everything from the property to the services and staff was good. I especially wanted to give my thanks to Peasay Om in group reservations and Cindy O'Connel in reservations for their help in making the process smooth as can be. Thanks girls!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
barbaraw387, Sales & Mktg. Coordinator at Town and Country Resort & Convention Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We love having the CADA convention with us and we’re glad that you are hearing good things from the group. We appreciate your forwarding them to our attention and for pointing out that both Pisey and Cindy were especially helpful to you during the reservations process. We will pass along your comments and appreciate your taking the time to let us know.

Been to Town and Country Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!