I spent 4 nights at this hotel as part of Comic Con 2007 (Comic Con is a citywide conference which pretty much sells out every hotel room in the San Diego area.)
Upon arrival parking was relatively easy to find as it is adjacent to the hotel BUT the parking lot was full, so once we found a parking spot, we went through the nearest hotel entrance we could find and it was a very long TIRING walk to the front desk. The front desk staff was very courteous and cordial and check-in was speedy.
We were checked into a room in the Marina Tower (the main tower) and we were VERY disappointed. We had requested a room with a King bed but were checked into one with two beds instead. The room was very basic and it was quite noisy, as well. IF we had stayed in this room for the duration of our stay, I would have been thoroughly dissapointed.
The following morning we received a call from the Front Desk stating that if we desired we could move to a room in the Bay Tower. We packed up our things, drove to the other Tower (it IS necessary to drive between the Towers...too far to walk) and boy, were we pleased. The Bay tower has quite the resort feel to it and it is adjacent to the Marina (not sure about the Marina Tower as our room there faced the main street) The lobby was very elegantly decorated and the rooms were very large and cozy and were decorated in a tasteful nautical theme. It was much quieter in this Tower and the vibe was much more laid-back than it was at the main tower. They should be two different hotels!!
My advice: Stay at the Bay Tower unless you are there overnight on a layover and only care about the bed...
Also for those attending Comic-Con, this hotel is located at a very good location. The Comic-Con trolly makes pickups right outside the main entrance, and the Comic-
Con room rate was very reasonable, as well.
All in all, I would stay here again (but only in the Bay Tower!! :) )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina