This hotel is really two properties that are separated by about a 7-10 minute walk. First and foremost, if you are not in the main (Marina) tower, get ready to do some walking. I was stuck in the Bay Tower and had to hoof it over to the Marina Tower for my conference which was fine, but you have to build in that extra time for every trip over. The services at the Bay tower are also not as good. Room service breakfast was supposed to start at 6 AM, but nobody was answering the phone even after 6:30 AM. I then went down to the dining room at 6:30 AM for a wickedly overpriced buffet and was given a wonderful glass of spoiled skim milk. Not much of an apology, nothing comped. Bad service choice. There also isn't much by way of restaurants in the area, so you should definitely get a car if you are staying here (but don't forget the $22/day for parking.) Housekeeping was really slow. They kept servicing my room later and later, and by the last day it was 4PM before they got to my room. Add to all of this that my room faced the airport, and this place was not worth the money. The prices seem reasonable, until you start getting nickle and dimed, and then add in the fact that it is difficult to walk to anything since you are essentially on a small islet. I only stayed here because of a conference, but I would honestly stay at another location if I had to do it all over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina