“Absolutely amazing.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #127 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
“Absolutely amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Want to get away and relax in an environment with good food and great hospitality? Try this hotel. We had a great time with lots of convienient activities, places to go and see. The elliptGO bike rental was one of the best highlights.

• Stayed May 2013
AustinGubrud, Marketing Coordinator at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Coachu,

Wow! Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. You truly used our property the way it was designed and we couldn't be happier to hear about the details of your stay.

From arrival to departure, the hotel will have an activity for every member of the family. I couldn't agree more, the ElliptiGO is an amazing experience and a great way to explore the area. Also, Chef will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed every plate served.

Thank you for visit and for your kind comments about our team of hard working associates. We hope to host you again during future travels to San Diego.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (801)
  • Polish first
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We got a priceline for 100 bucks. For the price, A+. Hotel very clean, beds very comfy - views from the suites of the city on level 10 very nice! Would 100 percent stay again. Starbucks coffee in the room, Internet very fast - oh, and more than memorable pillows.

Lake Forest, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

While this hotel has some bad reviews, I don't think there is anything not fixable. The pillows were very weak. Had to use three at once to get my normal height. But the view was wonderful. We loved being so close to the water and at the same time close to Little Italy, Old Town, and Seaport Village. The room was comfortable. Loved having a little patio to sit out and enjoy the ocean breeze. We would definitely return to this hotel! The overall experience was excellent!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, VT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very busy hotel at Thursday 10 PM check-in. Free hotel shuttle from airport every 20 minutes. Had to wait 15-20 minutes to register. Glitch with our reservation was resolved after another 15 minutes. Our room with king bed was relatively small but attractive with nautical motif. Toilet flush was erratic. Bed was lumpy and squeaky. Room had unpleasant odor. We did not report to management as we were there for one night before moving to Marriott for 5 night stay. I'd look for another airport hotel.

Dear VTtraveler50,

Thank you for your review and recent stay. We are deeply disappointed that the guestroom provided was not of satisfactory. We take great pride in offering updated, clean, and comfortable guestrooms, and your comments raise a flag.

While the views and convenient location were ideal, we are focused on improve the guestroom for future travelers. At your earliest convenience, please connect with me directly at Austin.Gubrud@sheraton.com.

Thank you for your candid review and we hope to host you again for an improved experience.

Kaneohe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

As we took the escalator downstairs to pick up our car, my husband mentioned the Sheraton across the street. I was amazed at how close the hotel was to the airport and thought...oh dear, this could not be good. To my amazement the property is beautiful. Close to everything. Rooms were large and clean, room service was FABULOUS, restaurant for breakfast was superb. But the best quality, was the STELLAR employees. Very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area and always pleasant. During our stay, the Gator Festival was taking place and it was a great experience. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation. Worth the price hands down. I travel all over the world and was not disappointed at all with this property.

Room Tip: We picked the Bay Tower. The rooms were larger. However, the Marina Tower has more of the hotel am...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had a conference and was able to stay at this hotel. Directly across from the airport! Best view of all the boats and yachts in the Marina that look awesome when the sun rises and sets. Rooms are ok and have a nautical theme. Draw back is the 1 major restaurant is 2 star caliber and slightly expensive, but the bar restaurant has better food. Truly like the marina view and you can walk along the marina to Sheraton suites! The grounds are nice and maintained. Now if you rent or drive a car parking is 14+ a day cash or credit card are acceptable. Hotel is 13 to 17 miles from the main downtown attractions like the gas lamp district. Marina is next to the naval base as well so you will hear lots of planes from the airport and naval base. All in all Sheraton marina and hotel is a very nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Trippinsista,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the exceptional views of the marina and bay. While traveling to San Diego, guests expect to experience what the city is best known for. It is our mission to showcase the many qualities of San Diego, including the breathless views and the waterfront locations.

Thank you for sharing your great experience and we hope for the opportunity to host you when travel plans permit.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was having some work done on my home in San Diego so I stayed at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Maina on a Saturday evening. I have stayed at this property many times before and it is the San Diego hotel that I recommend to friends, family and business guests. I have stayed at all of the Starwood Properties in San Diego and this is my favorite. The bayfront location and proximity to the airport, downtown, the Zoo and Sea World make this ideal.

The night I checked in was quite busy. Despitie the crowds, the check-in process was excellent. I waited no more than a few minutes. I am fortunate enough to be a Platinum member but I noticed that the same quality and friendly service was being provided to all those who were checking in. I wish all Starwood properties were as consistent and accomodating as this one. Precious and Jaymie were especially helpful and provided me with a beautiful room that will keep me coming back as a loyal customer. I mentioned that I would like a quiet room and they more than accomodated my request. It was the best night sleep I have had in a long time. As usual, the room was well-appointed and spotless. This may sound trivial, but I appreciate the quality flat screen televisions they have in the rooms. A small point, but it made for an even more enjoyable stay.

The hotel is a large property and what I enjoy, is that it has a resort-type of feel. Just being at the hotel feels like a vacation which after a long week was most welcome. I had access to the Club Room which is one of the best. It is located on the top floor of the hotel and has beautiful views of San Diego Bay. The food and refreshments offered are generous and the service again is excellent.

This is an excellent hotel for the business and vacation traveler alike.

I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the marina are a bit quieter than the ones facing downtown, however, the do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!