“Airport proximity and harbor views compensate for well-used rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina

Book Early and Save
Ranked #114 of 268 hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, VT
“Airport proximity and harbor views compensate for well-used rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Very busy hotel at Thursday 10 PM check-in. Free hotel shuttle from airport every 20 minutes. Had to wait 15-20 minutes to register. Glitch with our reservation was resolved after another 15 minutes. Our room with king bed was relatively small but attractive with nautical motif. Toilet flush was erratic. Bed was lumpy and squeaky. Room had unpleasant odor. We did not report to management as we were there for one night before moving to Marriott for 5 night stay. I'd look for another airport hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
AustinGubrud, Marketing Coordinator at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear VTtraveler50,

Thank you for your review and recent stay. We are deeply disappointed that the guestroom provided was not of satisfactory. We take great pride in offering updated, clean, and comfortable guestrooms, and your comments raise a flag.

While the views and convenient location were ideal, we are focused on improve the guestroom for future travelers. At your earliest convenience, please connect with me directly at Austin.Gubrud@sheraton.com.

Thank you for your candid review and we hope to host you again for an improved experience.

2,410 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kaneohe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

As we took the escalator downstairs to pick up our car, my husband mentioned the Sheraton across the street. I was amazed at how close the hotel was to the airport and thought...oh dear, this could not be good. To my amazement the property is beautiful. Close to everything. Rooms were large and clean, room service was FABULOUS, restaurant for breakfast was superb. But the best quality, was the STELLAR employees. Very accommodating, knowledgeable about the area and always pleasant. During our stay, the Gator Festival was taking place and it was a great experience. We enjoyed every minute of our vacation. Worth the price hands down. I travel all over the world and was not disappointed at all with this property.

Room Tip: We picked the Bay Tower. The rooms were larger. However, the Marina Tower has more of the hotel am...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had a conference and was able to stay at this hotel. Directly across from the airport! Best view of all the boats and yachts in the Marina that look awesome when the sun rises and sets. Rooms are ok and have a nautical theme. Draw back is the 1 major restaurant is 2 star caliber and slightly expensive, but the bar restaurant has better food. Truly like the marina view and you can walk along the marina to Sheraton suites! The grounds are nice and maintained. Now if you rent or drive a car parking is 14+ a day cash or credit card are acceptable. Hotel is 13 to 17 miles from the main downtown attractions like the gas lamp district. Marina is next to the naval base as well so you will hear lots of planes from the airport and naval base. All in all Sheraton marina and hotel is a very nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Trippinsista,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and 5 star review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the exceptional views of the marina and bay. While traveling to San Diego, guests expect to experience what the city is best known for. It is our mission to showcase the many qualities of San Diego, including the breathless views and the waterfront locations.

Thank you for sharing your great experience and we hope for the opportunity to host you when travel plans permit.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was having some work done on my home in San Diego so I stayed at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Maina on a Saturday evening. I have stayed at this property many times before and it is the San Diego hotel that I recommend to friends, family and business guests. I have stayed at all of the Starwood Properties in San Diego and this is my favorite. The bayfront location and proximity to the airport, downtown, the Zoo and Sea World make this ideal.

The night I checked in was quite busy. Despitie the crowds, the check-in process was excellent. I waited no more than a few minutes. I am fortunate enough to be a Platinum member but I noticed that the same quality and friendly service was being provided to all those who were checking in. I wish all Starwood properties were as consistent and accomodating as this one. Precious and Jaymie were especially helpful and provided me with a beautiful room that will keep me coming back as a loyal customer. I mentioned that I would like a quiet room and they more than accomodated my request. It was the best night sleep I have had in a long time. As usual, the room was well-appointed and spotless. This may sound trivial, but I appreciate the quality flat screen televisions they have in the rooms. A small point, but it made for an even more enjoyable stay.

The hotel is a large property and what I enjoy, is that it has a resort-type of feel. Just being at the hotel feels like a vacation which after a long week was most welcome. I had access to the Club Room which is one of the best. It is located on the top floor of the hotel and has beautiful views of San Diego Bay. The food and refreshments offered are generous and the service again is excellent.

This is an excellent hotel for the business and vacation traveler alike.

I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning again soon.

Room Tip: I think the rooms facing the marina are a bit quieter than the ones facing downtown, however, the do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Toulouse, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I thought I had booked as close to the airport as possible,shocked when other people on the bus got off and people got on ,wanting to go to mexico , let me off half mile down the road, food finishes at 9, just got some flat bread and a glass of beer, large room beautiful, staff have limited english or they speak spanish american room service very expensive it is a chain so what do you expect

Room Tip: check before hand which of the two hotels this is the new one
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This property is beautiful. Located right on the Marina, very picturesque. Very close to the San Diego airport & downtown area. We had a 1st floor room, located right near the lovely pool and waterfall.The room was very quiet, no outside noise could be heard with the sliding glass door closed. The cons to this hotel are the parking fee of $22.00 a day..And no free internet. Which is $11.95 per 24 hour period. Very steep in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Just completed a long weekend stay during Mothers Day weekend. This stay was as good as my first stay. Everyone I encountered was very help. Checking in was a breeze. Was upgraded to one of their studio suites which over looks the Marina and city view. Their club lounge is really well stocked plus a great view. Even though this hotel is a 10 minute drive from downtown I would still recommend this hotel. Service has always been great here. Would I stay here again of course.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear gabo29,

Thank you for sharing this great story and for choosing the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina as your hotel of choice. Host you for a second time was an honor and we are pleased to hear your Mother’s Day weekend was unforgettably great.

Upgrading to Club Lounge is the best value offered at the hotel. The complimentary breakfast buffet and WiFi in the high floor lounge is a perfect way to feed and connect with family and friends.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you soon.

Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina

Been to The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!