I recently stayed in the Bay tower of the Sheraton Hotel and Marina. While it has a smaller lobby, it offers larger balconies, slightly larger rooms and incredible views of the bay (front of hotel) or the marina (back of hotel - this is where you see the sunrise!). The hotel is on the Marina which is lovely and literally across the street from the bay where you can sit on a bench and watch ships, go for a jog or interact with locals who come there for the excellent fishing.
The rooms offered a modern feel and were very quiet despite being significantly booked. The bed was not as comfortable as I would've liked but the incredibly soft pillows made up for it!
They have shuttle service to the airport which is only a short distance away (yes you can hear the planes sometimes) and they can call a taxi for you if you wish to venture to dowtown or old town which are both very close ($10-$15 for cabfare). They do charge $22 for overnight parking which is disappointing if you are choosing to drive a vehicle here.
Ask staff for recommendations for meals...too pricey at the hotel and its not very good. I recommend Hash House ($15 per person)for breakfast if you can drive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Starwood, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina