“Love the view” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Freehold, New Jersey
“Love the view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton San Diego Bay Tower. There are two towers, the Marina Tower and the Bay Tower. Both were good but the Bay Tower offers a quieter experience since the Marina Tower is on a busy corner by the airport. We asked for a view of the bay and were not disappointed. We were privileged to see the aircraft carriers and sailboats coming into the bay all day. We also saw sea lions and dolphins from our spectacular view. If I make it back to San Diego, I will definitely stay at the Sheraton San Diego Bay Tower.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor on the bay side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

2,434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Polish first
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I arrived Saturday afternoon and wanted to go to the spa, both the pool and spa were closed. So I went to the dry sauna, after - the showers were cold so I reported it to the front desk. Went to my room to shower and the tub drain was broken - reported that, and decided to iron my shirt, the iron squirted rust over my shirt. Traveling light so I was really in a bind. The Front Desk Supervisor couldn't get my shirt cleaned by my meeting so she dropped everything even thought the place was packed with multiple lines for check in. She went to the mall as soon as the stores opened purchased a shirt, it was the right size and color, but a different collar than what I had, so it worked for that day of meetings, she went back a second time, and purchased the correct type, great quality too. I gave her the first one back.

I have never been so impressed in 30 years of travel with someone putting my personal needs for my stay & business meeting ahead of convenience to the property, i.e. just giving a credit. Dena C. was the supervisor that worked so hard at making things smooth out for my stay. Look her up if you ever need help, she will go the extra mile and more!

Gilbert, Jayme and Joseph helped me with the other challenges. Great views of the city and harbor, stay on higher floor if possible. Breakfast overlooking the harbor by the window is great, get in the first row of tables closest to the window.

Room Tip: Great views of the city and harbor, stay on higher floor if possible, and less noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AustinGubrud, Marketing Coordinator at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear FloridaTraveler457,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments and for your stay at our hotel. The complications you experienced are disappointing to hear as we understand our guests expect a seamless visit. Although we fell short on so many opportunities to impress you, we are pleased to hear our associates helped turn your experience into a positive one.

Your constructive comments will be communicated to the appropriate leadership, as well as your mentioning of specific associates. We thank you for taking the time to write your review and we are hopeful for the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I conducted six all-day course meetings (Saturday or Sunday) for mechanical engineers preparing for their professional engineering license examination sponsored by Professional Publications Institute (PPI Inc). With the exception of one class meeting that was relocated from the main tower (Marina 6) to the bay tower without any notice prior to the students and my arrival, the classrooms, equipment and support were very good. The hotel and property was excellent in every respect, except perhaps for the food prices that consistently exceeded my expense account limits. Also, it was unfortunate that in addition to the cost of the review course for the students, they were additionally burdened with the cost of parking, although at least at a discounted rate. The executive meeting specialists, Janice Trinidad and John Kentel were supportive in every way, and their assistance and presence was very much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cameron Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great location. Close to Airport and activities. Staff is excellent. I stayed in the main tower. The facilities were clean and easy to get to. You have access to the harbor walk ways for a lovely walk by the bay. The the pub and lounges are delightful. Great food and drink. Starbucks coffee and tea in the room made it a great way to wake up in the morning. I would sit on the balcony and drink my coffee and plan the day. All in all a lovely experience.

Room Tip: The views are beautiful no matter what room you choose.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Skippy3721,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive comments about your experience and our staff. I personally will make sure your appreciation is communicated to the appropriate people.

We can’t agree with you more! The views are amazing and we are glad you had the opportunity to experience a breathtaking walk along the marina and bay.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina when your travel plans allow it.

Hoboken, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We found a discounted rate of $99/night for our 3 night stay - couldn't pass it up. This is literally a minute away from the airport. Expect noise, especially since it's also right by the naval base. I didn't mind this much because I live by an airport and am used to the noise, but if you're from somewhere quiet, you might not enjoy the noise. The room was super clean and very nice. You can't beat cleanliness. The entire staff was also very nice and helpful. Our AC in the room made noises though, even though we never had the AC turned on. That was annoying but not annoying enough for us to ask for a room change. Another weird thing was that the walls/doors were SUPER thin. The first night no one was next door to our connecting room but the next few nights there were children who proceeded to scream every second. It sounded like the were IN our room. I was also woken up in the middle of the night by people talking in the hallway. The walls must be made of horrible material because I've never heard things like that before in other hotels, not as loud as that at least. We probably won't stay here next time just because we want to stay closer to a beach, but this is great if you're a businessperson and your job is near the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AustinGubrud, Marketing Coordinator at The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear wgnwmn,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay. We are pleased to hear that your overall experience was great, but disappointed that your sleep was interrupted repeatedly.

It is our mission to showcase the best qualities of our hotel, and one of those things is the quality night sleep we can provide. Your comments raise concern and will be communicated to the appropriate leadership.

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review and for your recent stay at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina. We are hopeful for another opportunity to host you during future travel plans.

Scotts Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I haven't been back to the Sheraton Marina hotel in over 20 years and was delighted to see the incredible remodel/transformation of a good property into great. From checking in, to ordering dinner in the pub, the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. We had a bit of a problem getting into our adjoining room, but the hotel staff was there in minutes to help get the door open and ensure everything was functioning up to standard. The rooms are lovely, I love the nautical theme. The pool area/jacuzzi nicely maintained and the added fire pits at night was a lovely place to chat and meet other hotel guests to share stories of the day and snow back home in March.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting an upper floor for a arial view of the harbor and perhaps less airport no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

There are two separage towers. We stayed at the main hotel at 1380 Harbor. I booked with my AAA discount and upgraded to club level. The room is beautiful and the view is spectacular. At club level, we stayed on the top floor and had access to the club lounge for free hors d’ oeuvres, sodas, coffee, and water. The continental breakfast buffet included hard-boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, and a good selection of muffins, croissants, bagels, crackers, coffee (espresso, cappuccino, starbucks) tea, and juice. We ate while enjoying a spectacular view of the marina. Service at the lounge is excellent. The servers are very attentive and offered to make my espresso. I will never go back to standard rooms again. If you have kids, breakfast alone will save you money. Why not upgrade instead of eating out every morning? We had no room for anything else after each buffet.
Service is excellent. We got in 4 hours early and our room was ready. Front desk is friendly and efficient. The hotel is close to everything, so lots to do around the area. Gaslamp is less than 3 miles away.

Room Tip: Book months in advance to get the main tower. Upgrade to club for better rooms if possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!