This is my third multi-day stay at this property for a meeting. Each time in a Marina Suite.
The location - excellent if you want isolation with wonderful views; city/harbor views are better than marina views. Excellent because it is close to the airport with complimentary shuttle service 24/7. If you want options for eating and entertainment........not so excellent; it's a cab ride into the city, not a long or expensive trip but it is a trip.
A Marina Suite is two regular rooms with most of the connecting wall removed so you get two balconies and two closets along with one bathroom, a gratie topped bar with mini-fridge, a very nice living room with couch two chairs, coffee table, cradenza and large flat-panel TV. The bedroom has a king-size bed, work area, two night tables (with drawers!) and a second cradenza with a second large flat panel TV that is half consumed with the min-bar. This is a great set-up for an extended stay, I suspect a regular room might be a little tight.
The single bathroom is small and tight.The all-white "decorating" seems overly institutional. Towels were adequate in size, barely, with a plushness appropriate to a Sheraton. The toiletries were of reasonable quality and were replaced as they were needed if not before. Water flow in the shower was low, but this is southern California so anything more might have been illegal. The robe was a light waffle knit, at least there was a robe.
The bed and associated inens were fine. Four king-size pillows were more than adequate. Lighting above the two night tables was adequate and the night tables themselves had large surfaces and drawers (did I mention the drawers?). The work area had a large surface, hard-wired internet and wi-fi was available and worked well. There was adequate light and power for work. The one flaw with the suite set-up is the cradenza was too close to the work area so the top drawer was only partially useful - in the suite this was not a problem because of the cradenza in the living room and I guess in a regular room the drawer would not be blocked.
Check-in was fast, friendly and efficient, so was check-out. I had an issue with a slow draining sink that was resolved quickly with a single call.
Exercise facilities were adequate, not stressed during my stay.
There is a Starbucks off the lobby which was a good alternative to the restaurant which was good but with very slow service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood, HotelTravel.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina