We both use Sheraton a lot for business so this was a safe bet.
Good points :
Club Lounge is smart
Main bar was friendly and helpful
Gym and Sauna and Pool good quality
This is a conference hotel and only conference guests matter. No attention to sole travellers
Check in check out staff are not interested. When you pay $2200 for your room bill you expect someone to acknowledge you and say thnks for staying. Our check out was purely transactional. Lisa printed the bill handed it over unfolded and said "there you are". Interesting approach to service....
Room cards were not enabled to se club lounge that we had paid for, and then required to trips back to reception to sort
Car Parking validation didn't work for 2 days apparently due to heavy recent rain.
When we had to go back to reception to get keys reprogrammed a second time the receptionist didn't even apologise
So overall, this Sheraton is only interested in Conference guests and whilst the place is lovely, it is very sad that given how much we spend with these people Corporately that when you then travel personally they rapidly decide to ignore you
I guess a couple of $k for four days is nothing here but experience left a sour service taste.
Hope that is a balanced review overall.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- Sheraton San Diego
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- San Diego Sheraton
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.