We stayed at this hotel for one night, and we definitely will not come back again if we are paying for the hotel. My first impression of the hotel was poor service combined with inefficient hotel staff. The receptionist Juan was checking us into the hotel, and he told us our room was "not ready" and all the other "ready" rooms were full. This is totally unacceptable, given the fact that we were checking in 12 midnight, which gives them 12 hours of room cleaning time and the hotel is only 12 floors tall. Afterwards Juan's manager gave us this room on the first floor, which was really the basement because the lobby is on the second floor. Our room had traces of insects, because the first thing i found was a dead bug on my pillow. Although the room looked clean, you never know what is on the carpet. On the next day we took a walk around the marina, and the only good thing about this hotel is the view (which we didn't get, thanks to Juan and his manager) and the presence of a Starbucks next to the lobby.
We are truly disappointed with Sheraton with this stay. I thought an elite international hotel chain like Sheraton could have done better with their customers. We paid over $200 for our room and we didn't expect poor service and a basement room with dead insects. I have stayed in other Sheraton hotels and the rooms and service are on a higher level. Stay away from this Sheraton.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- Sheraton San Diego
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- San Diego Sheraton
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.