“Reasonably average for the price” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #206 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Reasonably average for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel room was okay. It wasn't great nor was it horrible. The strangeness of this hotel was the interior. The hallways look like this was an outside hotel (access the room from outside) and they enclosed the entire hotel so that you must enter the building. Besides the eerie feeling of the construction of the building, my first night was very uncomfortable. There was a strange noise that I assume was the plumbing or hvac system that I heard every five to ten minutes throughout the night and day. I was forced to change rooms for the remainder of my stay.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't choose this hotel again. It isn't bad for the cost, but again, the inside is just too weird.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I try not to be personal when I write these. I travel over 50% of the year and I see many differences in the hotels I stay at.the hotel itself is not bad as far as the condition of the room. They upgraded to current levels of other SFP the outsid elf the building is nasty along with the fact I have been flying into San Diego for years and have seen multiple hotel name changes here. I will not stay here ever again because of the lack of the front desk and how they handled me.
I made my reservation via phone while driving down from vista CA. 2 nights Wed and Thursday. I wake up this morning and see a bill.... They checked me out after only one night,So I called front desk they said no problem. Then I get a call 35 minutes later stating that I have to take it up with central reservations and that they have no rooms.

So after how this was handled and the fact that I am moving to another hotel( I don't even want to stay here anyway)
I will never stay at this location again.

Remember it is more about the way I was handled not the condition of the room or the other staff which was great

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Four Points by Sheraton San Diego was an excellent Choice, Clean..Nothing was outdated inside or out. friendly staff eager to assist with finding things to do. Free parking, convenient location if your traveling to The San Diego Zoo. when I do decide to travel to San Diego California, I will definitely stay here again without a doubt. Why pay for an over price hotel and parking when you can get a descent rate per night plus free parking....Not to forget the friendly staff. Save your extra cash to enjoy San Diego. Happy travels

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dorset, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed here a few times over the last few years. This time I arrived without a reservation at 02.50 am after being diverted to Ontario, then LAX due to fog. The night Manager was great and sorted out a room either though the days audit was closed and the rooms were only really available for the next day. Hotel grounds, foyer and room were immaculate. Didn't try the breakfast, but coffee & iron in room. Only thing to spoil it all was the lack of free WiFi. Very disappointing in late 2012. Will be back with a 4g data card next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our stay here was great. We had two rooms which were very nice. The hotel's location was very convenient for us and FREE parking that was a big plus as most of the hotels that we checked on we would have to pay every day to park ($22 a day and more). The hotel staff were really nice, especially at the Front Desk. They were awesome and so very helpful with anything and everything that we asked about regarding our stay, room needs and sightseeing suggestions...very informative. I also saw this with other guests as I went through the lobby. It was our first time in San Diego and we had lots of questions...especially on directions. We ate breakfasts at the hotel restaurant and also had dinner there one evening. The restaurant staff were very accommodating to our needs. We all enjoyed our breakfasts and dinners very much. I would recommend this hotel. It was great for us and our needs. Hope that you will like it too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tacna, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Over the years I've come to this hotel many times when flying into the adjacent Montgomery Airport. The years have not been kind to this Sheraton.

Besides the dated rooms, the doors that leave a one inch space between the lower edge and the floor, the horrendous sound off the HVAC unit, the soaked rug under the HVAC in my room, and the "cell block" architectural style designed to funnel all hallway noise from all 3 stories into your room, they apparently rent out their bar for private functions. Incredibly loud, offensive functions which last well past midnight.

So you want stay here? Are you nuts?

The only reason I don't give it 1 star is they had no active rat infestation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

It's a short 10 minute drive to Hillcrest and about 15 minutes to LaJolla.
This hotel was a bargain for San Diego. While the property itself is aged, they have done a very nice job keeping it up. The rooms were extremely clean. My only real negative feedback is the lack of SPG status acknowledgment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Diego? Share your experiences!