My stay wasn't for leisure- business travel was my reason- so perhaps my points of contention seem petty; I would offer that anyone of this mindset, however, hasn't had to play road-warrior for extended periods, and likely has little appreciation for amenities needed to conduct business on the road.
Through my week at the Sheraton, the staff was very courteous and always helpful- perhaps more of a rarity these days than you might think- but never caused me any problems in my stay. The location and parking can potentially both present their own unique challenges, but these were not a problem for me. Great breakfasts, bar, and all the common amenities.
My issue comes into play in the form of their internet, TV, and room maintenance services. In regards to their internet/TV services- I simply have to be candid that they may be the worst I've ever had to tolerate. The internet was unreliable to an amazing extreme; I was the only one from my group that could get any kind of connection at all, and even then it was completely unreliable. Speeds throttle from 0kb/s through 400kb/s and seem to constantly be fighting for bandwidth. Simply put- this is a necessity for business, as I have no way to do any work or phone-home to the office with such a completely unreliable internet connection. I could overlook this if not for the fact that there is a $11+ bill per day of internet use. Totally unacceptable. Far as I'm concerned, that whole situation boarders on fraud.
Beyond this, the room was generally very nice, with a jarring exception here or there. For example, the door to the fridge in my room was a constant annoyance; the mini-fridge was simply too big for the cabinet it was housed in, and required forcing and maneuvering to guide the door (just inches too large) by the lip of the cabinet door that it was just slightly too big for.
I realize these seem petty, but for someone traveling on business you simply don't want to deal with these issues. I suppose I really could overlook everything else if not for the loss of productivity the crippled internet access provided. Overpriced and almost totally useless- the latter fact is one you don't learn until you come to whatever terms with the first. Fix your network or warn your guests. Anything else is lying to them.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Sheraton Suites San Diego Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel San Diego
- Sheraton San Diego
- Sheraton Suites San Diego
- San Diego Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Declan Suites San Diego offers a warm welcome on your next visit to San Diego. Our all-suite downtown San Diego hotel features all two room suites with some of the largest hotel rooms in the area. All of the two room suites feature a separate living area and pull out sofa. Our San Diego hotel is built around the San Diego Symphony Hall and is within walking distance to the Gaslamp Quarter, known for 16 blocks of amazing dining, shopping and entertainment. The Declan Suites San Diego is located minutes from the world-famous San Diego Zoo, Little Italy, Old Town, Petco Park and Sea World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Declan Suites San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.