“What are they thinking?” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #166 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Nevada
“What are they thinking?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

The location was okay for my trip. That was a good thing. The downside was the hotel was old. The walls were thin. Saw lack of security here. People hanging around the cars all night long. Asked for an escort to my car. Desk said sorry.

I am coming back to San Diego in 5 months. My client suggested I meet them here again. This trip the room rate I paid was $149. In 5 months I checked multiple travel sites and all of them show the room rate increases to 10 THOUSAND DOLLARS for ONE NIGHT. I want to rent a room and not refurbish the room, which by the way could use some sprucing up. By the way, this is downtown and not even near the beach. For $10,000 a night i wonder what they were smoking?

Overall the place was good to try once. I told client I'll meet them in LaJolla and somewhere near the beach for that money.

Would I recommend this place to someone. Let me say I would stay in a Motel 6 before I stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 23, 2009
We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Requests for a security escort are quite rare for us, and if the front desk personnel was attending to guests in the lobby, it may have been difficult for him to comply with your request. As for the condition of our rooms, we are constantly evaluating our rooms for refurbishment, which in large part explains how our property has received the Chairman's Award from Days Inn several years running.

Finally, with respect to $10,000/night room rates, we suspect that what you saw was some sort of computer glitch. Perhaps you were searching for dates where rates have not yet been established. In any case, we can assure you that we monitor rates very carefully, and $10,000/night has never been the prevailing rate!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
HoLLywooD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Price was okay , rooms are LArge and clean, carpet OK, heater OK, TV Refrig CoffeeMaker 8 out 10

!!!TOWELS!!!! OLD AND NOT VERY SOFT RATING 1 OUT 10.
You can hear whats going on next room because wall was soooo thin

Front desk guy was very nice and cute :-)
AND THEY HAVE FREE BREAKFAST ))) UMMM 5 OUT 10 NOTHING SPECIAL...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
Thank you very much for your feedback. While we endeavor to make each guest's stay as enjoyable as possible, noise complaints are always a function of adjacent guests. If a guest is troubled by what they believe to be excessive noise, we always ask that they address it with our friendly front desk staff, and we will make every effort to mitigate the issue.

As for the towels, we appreciate your comments, and will continue to inspect our inventory and replace items as necessary.

Our front desk staff prides itself on being helpful and friendly, and it was nice of you to single them out for praise.

Thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to see you on a future visit soon.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

Was questioning my selection after reading mixed reviews' overall for the price of the one night I stayed I couldn't have asked for more. The room seemed to be recently updated and was located convenient to the freeway. Negatives were thin walls- could hear the folks next door doing their business, the continental breakfast wasn't too great, bathroom was very small- also, if you don't like the sink to be outside the bathroom- you won't like this.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — noise
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
DaysInnSDOwner, Owner at Days Inn San Diego Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
Thank you for staying with us. As you know, noise complaints are mostly a function of the guests in adjacent rooms. We certainly endeavor to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible.

We are constantly evaluating our continental breakfast offerings, and we do value your comments. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

For the price, it has decent ammenities - free breakfast and internet. Rooms aren't bad. Good location to downtown, but not very close to the convention center - about 1/2 mile.

The location and price attracts groups of young partiers, and unfortunately the floors and walls are very thin. If you need to sleep, ask to be put on the top floor. Both weekend nights I was awakened numerous times heavy-footed guests above and then by a group of partiers next door. I am exhausted and it was not a restful stay.

• Liked — price, front desk staff, free breakfast and internet
  • Disliked — noisy, thin walls and ceiling
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

We appreciate your comments, and hope that you will choose our property again for a future stay.
New York State
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

I stayed here for 2 nights and that was enough. I was out all day sightseeing so I didn't need a better class hotel.
Pros: could walk a few blocks to restaurants, shopping, trolley tour, etc.,free continental breakfast, private balcony,deli across the street at a Condo complex.(sells everything!)
Cons: sink was not in the bathroom (it was next to the door as you walk inside room)

• Liked — inexpensive
  • Disliked — sink was not in bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for your comments. We endeavor to make each guest's stay as comfortable as possible, and your feedback is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

I usually stay at a much cheaper hotel in San Diego, but when I saw the Days Inn at $59, I jumped. The place was fabulous, really only a few small steps (bad breakfast, lukewarm customer service) away from a 4 star hotel. (Yeah, I know it's a Days Inn!) The furnishings were beautiful, the lighting was great, the view was fabulous, the bed and pillows comfy, and there's plenty of room. So I swore my loyalty to this new hotel, then went back to book it for my next trip two weeks later, and discovered it was now $119, double the old price.

Is it worth that price? Probably, if that's your budget. But I would guess that you wouldn't choose Days Inn first at that price. Bear in mind that the San Diego hotel market is terribly tight, and even bad rooms command a high price here...

But if you see it again at $59, book it, you'll be thrilled.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — Surly desk clerk, poor breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Book it if you can find it cheap...
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do apologize if your experience with our front desk staff did not meet your expectations. We are constantly evaluating our staff with an eye towards improving customer service. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Days Inn San Diego Downtown/Convention Center? Share your experiences!