“Worth checking out” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #101 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Denver, CO
“Worth checking out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

The location is wonderful, quiet and easily accessible to most everything. It is located right of the 15. The rooms were quiet, well kept, clean and comfortable. Staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The breakfasts weren't worth the effort, but a great place for a free cup of coffee in the morning. Definitely worth a look if you're planning to stay in the area.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RSHRBgeneralmanager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your business.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have an amazing staff that is committed to providing excellent customer service.

Sorry to hear that you were not impressed with the breakfast offerings.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to others looking for accommodations in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
chandler, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed two nights here. The bed was comfortable and the hotel well-kept. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffets and two complimentary cocktails at the onsite restaurant. The food there was excellent and the bartender sociable and hard-working. The hot tub was nice and warm and the pool appeared clean.
The only drawback was the foulest smelling elevator we have ever ridden in. We chose to climb to the third floor to avoid it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The staff and I are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you again soon.

We did call out the elevator service company and located the source of the bad smell. I am happy to report that the smell is gone.

Thank you again for your business.
Papendrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed in this hotel a week on a business trip.
The staff was very friendly.
The room was clean and there was a good wired internet.
When I arrive at the evening, the bed was put down a a chocolate was waiting for me.
Sometime I did use the WiFi for my Smartphone. No problems with it, although some peers did complain about the WiFi.

For some people it is bad, but for me no problem: The bar closes at 22:00

I do need to say that when one is having a room at the inner yard, one will hear the noise from the pool and the bar in my room.
So for an intercontinental traveller trying to go bed early after a long flight, it is not very silent.
Although the closing at 22:00 contributes on silence around 22:30.

The pool itself is nice.

When going back to San Diego, I might return to this hotel.

Room Tip: One might consider to opt for a room on the outside, preferable south. At the north there is the ent...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RSHRBgeneralmanager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, found the staff friendly and the property clean.

Your comments regarding the bar closing at 10PM is well received and I too wish we could keep it open longer without disturbing other guests trying to sleep.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon and want you to know that we appreciate your business.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

I was expecting this to be a good hotel based on all the other positive reviews, however my experience was not great.

To start off, the girl working the front desk acted as if I was inconveniencing her by having to check me in. Onto the room...I won this hotel on a Priceline bid and I think I got stuck in the 'Priceline room.' While laying in bed the corner of the sheet came up so I went to put it back on and noticed some disgusting stuff on the wall (possibly vomit?) It's beyond me how housekeeping could have missed this as it's clearly visible when making the bed. The bathroom floor was also dirty and the furniture in the room was very tired-knicks & scratches on everything. I don't think I would be willing to give this hotel another chance.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property.

I am truly disappointed to learn about your check in experience and what you uncovered in your room. We pride ourselves on providing outstanding friendly customer service and by maintaining a very clean hotel. We clearly did not live up to our own standards during your visit.

We hope to be starting our room renovation later this year that will update the furniture and bathroom flooring that you commented on.

I can assure you that your experience is not our normal guest experience nor is it one that we want to see repeated. Your business is important to us and we hope to have the opportunity to prove that to you again in the future.

Again, my sincere apologies for your experience and want you to know that I have reviewed your comments with the entire staff to ensure it is not repeated.
Offaly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed here in Radisson in Rancho Bernardo during February. I was very impressed with this hotel. I had travelled from Ireland and arrived after a 14 hour journey. To be able to checkin so quickly, was excellent. I had also arranged with the hotel prior to my arrival to be able to receive some packages on my behalf. They did this without any issue and I was delighted with their service. My king size room was perfect. JJs Bar and Grill, though small, was very nice. There was plenty of choice for breakfast to get you started for your day. In the evening, dinner was simple food, which I could not fault. I loved the free beverage and the discount voucher for the meal every evening based on my companies deal with the hotel. Kudos to the waitress there during my stay - I am sorry that I can't remember her name.

The location of this hotel to my company was excellent - less than a 5 minute drive. I didn't take advantage of the gym as to be honest, I was still on Irish time :-) and just too tired in the evenings.

Checkout was a non - event. Just gave the key back and it was done.

Next time I travel to San Diego, I will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inside of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RSHRBgeneralmanager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Radisson Hotel San Diego.

We appreciate your business and are aware that you have many available options when choosing a hotel in the North San Diego / Rancho Bernardo area. It was our pleasure to have you as our guest.

The staff and I are so pleased to hear that you had such a good time at the hotel. We trust that you had a pleasent trip home and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Pretoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business purposes over a very long extended period of time, adding up to several months in total, so it really is a home away from home. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The staff here are super friendly and always went out of their way to accommodate us, make our stay easier and better. I have rarely seen such good service anywhere! The rooms are nice and spacious with all the basics that you need while travelling. The pool in the middle with the palm trees around really remind you that you are now in California. The location is probably not ideal for holiday travelers because it's quite far from most attractions, but perfect for business trips to the many business parks in the area. The restaurant is really good.. especially for breakfasts! If you get tired of the hotel restaurant there are a ton of other good restaurants nearby that the friendly free shuttle can take you to.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side get a bit more noise from kids playing in the pool over weekends.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience here at the Radisson.

We appreciate your business and are pleased to learn that you felt at home here at the hotel.

I have an amazing staff that really cares about our guests. It is their dedication to our guests like you that has earned us a Presidents Award from Radisson for the past two years.

Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Christian Henny
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Being in the hotel industry I know a good hotel when I see one. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. We stayed here for two nights and had the best time. Employees go above and beyond to ensure you are satisfied. Everyone was smiling and willing to answer any questions we had. Johnathan at the front desk was very personable and even helped us out with directions to his favorite local beaches and restaurants. The gym is small but had everything needed for a great workout. The pool area was nice- My only complaint is that is closes pretty early (9pm). The complimentary breakfast and drinks were awesome! The room was clean and huge. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a room with two full beds and a couch with a pullout mattress. If you have a large group or a...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
RSHRBgeneralmanager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Greetings April,

Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon. I will be sure to pass along your commnets to Johnathan as I am confident that he will appreciate hearing this.

Please come back and visit us again soon.

Been to Radisson Hotel San Diego - Rancho Bernardo? Share your experiences!