“parking extra” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown

You added Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown to your Saves list
Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1646 Front Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Formerly Radisson Hotel Harbor View) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #146 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Vienna, Austria
“parking extra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

As in most downtown hotels parking is extra in this one. (20$ I think) Besides that it's a nice place and a bargain if you get it over priceline or so. Location is absolutely ok just a couple of blocks from the GLQ (walking distance). You can get closer though. If you have a south facing room the view is fantastic and gets better the further you go up. I would not be willing to pay their full rate however, not worth it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Yes, they have changed their logo and their brand is now mediocre. There are gorgeous Hiltons in downtown SD - the Bayfront is top notch, the Gaslamp while pricey and impossible to get into, very nice. This is another mediocre Doubletree. The location was actually decent for me being out there for work and having to travel in different directions each day - east access off of Rt. 5 South. Everything else is what I've come to expect from Doubletrees - mediocrity. In particular the breakfast eggs in this place were atrocious - some kind of fake powered egg or something. I literally gave my breakfast vouchers away. Expensive parking, but that's par for downtown SD. About a 20 min walk to the Gaslamp. You can do better! Try the other Hiltons downtown first! I might even do the Hampton Inn down the street first in the future if necessary.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

Stayed at the Doubletree for 6 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great. Our room was very quiet and clean. We prepaid for our room and got a great rate and free breakfast (which was very good..hot and cold buffet). I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Brought my teenage daughter to San Diego for Spring Break. I drive a Ford Edge 2010 and after checking in entered the parking lot. There is a sign that indicates that the height may be a problem but as I entered it was clear that the parking tunnels to enter and exit were extremely small and tight. I was able to manage to get my car in the structure but barely. Upon exit and after trying to help another guest navigate his F10 Truck so that he coudl try to back out of the parking area due to inadequate space (like me), my car brushed the side of parking garage due to not enough space to accomdate the vehicle and the tight turn. I sustained over 1,200 worth of damage. I called the hotel staff and they indicated that there is a parking issue and to have my insurance call them. I have called the suggeted HR person repeatedly with no return phone call. Bottomline - the hotel parking cannot accomodate wide or longer vehicles and damage can be sustained. Problem is, once you are in, you are stuck. The parking is poorly designed and I would strongly caution travelers from parking at this hotel. AND you have to pay $20.00 to park!! AVOID!!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Hotel was not as good as I hoped, older run down a bit, room was clean enough. The lobby was messy and no one even offered to help me or my daughter carry in any of our 5 bags, weird. However as for locating it was prime as shopping in this area is very good. Would i go back...no. As I stated above, never been to a Doubletree before maybe this is standard for them. Oh yes I did get charged twice for internet, so look at your bill.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
joanieclapper, Guest Relations Manager at Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Hello Analisa,

I am sorry to hear about your experience here at the Doubletree Downtown San Diego. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness and customer service. Without your comments we cannot improve so I thank you for your response. We have discussed your concerns regarding assistance with your luggage handling with all departments. In the past when we have been busy I personally have assisted in luggage when needed. This will continue with all departments to assure that all guests receive assistance busy or not. I am not sure what bill you have but we do not charge for internet. Please contact us if there is a discrepancy. Thank you for your comments.
Falls Church, Va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

The hotel was selected as the two other Hilton properties in the area were sold out. The hotel is located in a pretty good but not amazing area. The staff were helpful. The parking here is seriously insane with incredibly narrow turns. Not sure why anyone in their right mind would design a garage like this. The rooms were pretty nice, very clean, and very spacious. The room would have been better with a flat screen TV. On another note, the printer was not working which was a pain for last minute business needs. Overall, I would once again try the other two Hilton properties before this.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to see how close this hotel is to Little Italy and the Gaslamp District. A nice eight blocks walk downhill and you're in the middle of the action. The only minor issue is that the patio door did not block out all of the airport and freeway noises. But otherwise a very nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Doubletree Hotel San Diego Downtown? Share your experiences!