“DAYS INN” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #219 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego
“DAYS INN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

When I got there they gave my room away,then gave me another room where the ac did not work,and the only room left was smoking.For 2 days they did not give me wash clothes and the elevator was broke every other day.They also did not run the pool filter during the day(pool full of bugs and leaves).

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David W, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello David R.,

I am sorry to hear you had a few issues during your recent stay with us. I am in communication with the various department heads that these problems may have arisen from. We strive to resolve issues guest have during their stay and make sure you are completely satisfied. If you need anything while I work on investigating for you please let me know.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
West Hills
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Booked an accessible room, got a room they *claimed* was accessible... Except that the bathtub, toilet, sink, door latches, and HVAC controls all *fail* to meet minimum ADA standards. Had to assist my elderly wheelchair-bound father with everything....that he wanted to do himself. Staff was completely indifferent to the difficulty caused by this....and the manager was completely "unavailable."

Final insult to injury, leaving to check out and was stuck in elevator w/ wheelchair bound father for 15 minutes. Elevator alarm isn't heard a front desk. Lucky I had cell phone & hotel number or I'd still be there....and I was put on hold before they sent someone to get us out. Likely should have called 911 instead.

Never again.

Room Tip: Accessible rooms are not. Don't get room on freeway (south) side, loud.
Hello mlshanks,

I am sorry to hear about the problems during your stay. We strive to be up to all ADA standards for our guests. I do apologize about the room not being up to the correct specifications and have notified management of this issue. I will be following up with them to assure we resolve any of these things at the property level. If you have anything else you would like to discuss please contact me directly.

David
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I've traveled for business frequently over the past 12-years and I can honestly say, this is the worst hotel I've ever seen. We checked out without even staying one night based solely on the miserable condition of the room. Smelly, dirty, non-functional, stained sheets, dirty carpet and ANTS IN THE BATHTUB. All this for $130/night!?!? No way.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Mission Valley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Mission Valley

Address: 5343 Adobe Falls Road, San Diego, CA 92120
Location: United States > California > San Diego
Ranked #219 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Mission Valley 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
Mission Valley Days Inn
Day Inn Mission Valley San Diego
Day Inn San Diego
Days Inn San Diego

If you own or manage Days Inn Mission Valley, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.