“mi segundo casa” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
orange california
“mi segundo casa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

on july 19th i spent the entire week at this hotel for the san diego comic con. i been coming here since 2001.and the staff is like mi familia to me they 'make sure i get an affordable discount on my hotel bill and i became close to the managers beatriz and anna.i enjoy 'gracing them with my presence.the staff works very 'hard at pleasing the cusstomers.this hotel always gets sold out during the san diego comic con but the staff manages to be helpful without pressure. this year i made new friends at the comic con and ariana helped me book them a room for next years comic con.,
to the staff at the old town inn
con aofadec imiento por su gran hospitalidad que nos brindaste a mi and mi amigo como siempre nos facino su buen servicio .
muchos gracias por todo

Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We had a terrible stay here. I had read all of the reviews on TripAdvisor before booking the hotel and was looking forward to our trip/stay, I also knew we were not staying in a high-class hotel. Once we got there though, we dreaded coming back to the hotel after our adventures and sightseeing. While in a central location, it felt as though this was the only thing it had going good for it. Our room was very noisy and very, very dirty, even after showering we still felt unclean because of the room. The bed was uncomfortable, squeaky and I could feel/hear the springs when I would lay down on it. We did complain about our room and felt as though the staff just patted us on the shoulder rather than addressing our issues, maybe it was because we were not being irate? Gosh, I wish I had something good to say :(

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
HotelGuySanDiego, Owner at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Dear Valued Guest - I was shocked when I read this review. Honestly, my first reaction was that you had posted this under the wrong hotel. Our cleanliness is something our guests typically praise us about. Our housekeeping staff is hard working and they take great pride in maintaining clean rooms.

As soon as I read this review, I contacted the hotel manager to see if we could locate the room you stayed in. She is currently talking to all the employees to find the problem room. If you read this response, we would truly appreciate you letting us know which room you stayed in. Please contact us at 800.643.3025 or feel free to send me a private message through TripAdvisor.

Our beds are fairly new. We tested a lot of beds and I personally tested the Beautyrest at home before deciding to replace all of our mattresses with their top of the line Simmons Beautyrest Pillowtop Mattresses. Their pocketed coil springs are small, individually wrapped, strong and durable. These mattresses also have layers and layers of cushioning foam. Most of our guests love them but we are committed to finding this particular bed and if it needs to be replaced, we will do so.

I was also very sorry to read that you were disappointed with our staff. Our company culture is to provide outstanding customer service, quality and value to our guests. I am very sorry that in this instance we did not succeed. We are speaking with our team members about this review as we take all of our guests’ comments seriously.

Thank you again for your review. We do appreciate the comments and hope to hear back from you.

John Lyon – Proud Owner
british columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

There were 4 of us in our party staying at the Old Town Inn. It is really clean and comfortable and breakfast was really good, coffee, juices, bagels etc. were always fresh and topped up. It is really close to the Old Town area where the shuttles to downtown areas are available as well as taxis.

Check-in staff (Anna) was really friendly and helpful. Anna even took the time to try to help us check-in online as we were having difficulty in doing so, but it was a technical problem with the reservation system. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

Seemed to get good reviews here so we checked it out.
Overall we were pleased with it. Decently priced, it's right off the interstates and is just minutes away from shopping and all the big San Diego attractions. Old Town district is a quick walk away. It's a little off path as it's in an industrial area, but it's easily accessible everywhere and nice and quiet at night. Pool was nice, but we really loved the free breakfast with make your own waffles!
Room was decent. We got the cheapest one which was just one queen size bed, only thing that was a bit of a surprise was no bathtub, just a stand up shower. No big deal for us since we were only there for a couple nights, but if you're planning on staying for a bit and want a full bath you might want to look into that.
Staff was very friendly and helpful with tours and such. Oh, another neat feature was free DVD rentals. All rooms had a DVD player and the movies themselves were plentiful and free. Neat little feature. Overall we've stayed at places with nicer and bigger rooms for the price maybe, but the location and little features more than made up for that. If we go to San Diego again I can certainly see us staying here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Merkat09
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

Great value, location, staff, updated rooms & really really clean! Motel within walking distance to Old Town, 10 minutes to Airport & car rental pick up & returns, 20 minutes to Coronado & other beaches. Close to zoo, sea world & many other sites as well as highways 5 , 8 & 15. What more can I say. This was the best room I have had in a long, long time and I had just come in from a spa resort in the Palm Springs area that could not compare with the Old Town Inn or it's staff. You also got free breakfast here. When I go back to San Diego Old Town Inn will be my place of choice! It is on Pacific Hwy but that did not bother me or my spouse and we did not hear any hwy noise at all when we turned in for the night. Do give it a try!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
essex,england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

This was our second trip to the Inn and once again we were very pleased with our stay.We had 2 rooms next door to each other on the top floor which i requested on our booking.The rooms themselves are kept very clean as were the bathrooms.Plenty of towels provided and everything you need in the room.The staff are always polite and friendly especially Anna who always asks how you are and if everything is ok.The breakfast has everything you need to get the day started and the area kept nice and clean.Ok the surrounding area of the Inn isn't wonderful but this place is a little gem and wouldn't put me off of staying there.A ten minute drive and you are at the coast,Seaport Village is well worth a visit as is a drive over the bridge to Coronado.We would always stay at the Inn on a trip to San Diego and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Provo, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

This hotel is very nicely priced, especially for San Diego. It is across the street from Old Town. I would definitely stay here again.

Pros -
--Clean
--Price
--Breakfast
--Service - the people do not get any nicer or more accomodating

Cons -
--Not the best location - Plan to drive anywhere you want to go.
--Amenities - It is a pretty basic hotel, but that suits our family well
--Pool - for us it was chilly. They said it was heated, but we only lasted 15 minutes.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family