“Great city and excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
We Have Rooms!
Ranked #20 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Adelaide, Australia
“Great city and excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went to this hotel based on previous trip advisor recommendations. Excellent location and price. Rooms were clean and pool area very nice. Breakfast was fair. Loved having Old Town and Seaworld so close. Free parking was handy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Old Town Inn. We truly appreciate your compliments. It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities. Our company culture is based on providing cleanliness, value, quality, and genuine hospitality. We are not a fancy hotel. We are a AAA, independently owned hotel that strives to uphold the qualities we stand for. I hope that you received all of these qualities and more during your stay with us. It is great to hear that our location was convenient for you. We love that we are so centrally located and so near to public transportation; this makes it easy for our guests to get around San Diego quickly and without hassle.

I hope that we will see you again in the near future. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review of the Old Town Inn.

Old Town Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at the Old Town Inn San Diego in sept 13. We were staying for two nights so we could visit the San Diego Zoo and safari park. The welcome was very warm and helpful. And the rooms were clean and well presented. The beds were also comfy and with Wifi in the rooms, a swimming pool and a laundry if required. They do a breakfast which is an American style buffet. With waffles, bagels, pastries or cereals etc. It was very nice. The old town area is also very nice. We wish we had left ourselves a bit more time to explore the area as it is very pleasant. San Diego itself seems so much more appealing than LA for example.
The only negative point we has was to do with a baby cot, or Crib as they are called in America. The one supplied is a wooden framed cot. Which is perfectly fine. But it was a bit small for our 13 month old daughter. She is at the period where she is not quite ready for a bed, but is too big for a cot. At home she is in a cot bed. She kept rolling around and banging her head against the bars. But this is not a criticism of the hotel. It is just an issue with travelling with a 13 month old and something to be mindful of. Apart from that, the stay was great and we would recommend this hotel. As for people mentioning the noise. There is a freeway near by. And also a train track. But we didn't find the noise to be bad at all. Occasionally the train may sound it's horn at the junction, but it is at slow speed and its only a faint noise in the background. I'm a light sleeper and had no issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OTICustomerCare, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Old Town Inn for your stay in San Diego. We appreciate the time you spent to write your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the compliments about our staff. We work hard every day to make sure that your stay with us is always a good experience. We are not a fancy hotel, but our staff works to make the Old Town Inn what it is. We try to make your stay feel like home from the time that you walk in the front door.

Providing spotless rooms and keeping our guests happy are two of our major goals. Our job of keeping guests happy is easier because our hotel is just a short walk into Old Town, and we hope that next time you will have more time to explore all the great shops, museums, and restaurants located in and around the Old Town State Park. We provide our guests with free wi-fi, complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, a peaceful outdoor heated pool, and we even have a gas BBQ grill available for any of our guests to use.

I was sorry to hear that you found the crib to be on the small side for your daughter. I learned only very recently that some international travelers refer to cribs as cots, and maybe at times vice versa? We do have some rollaway beds which are very comfortable, and lay flat only inches from the ground providing a very low bed for younger children, and it sounds like that would have been more appropriate for your daughter, and I am sorry to hear that we did not clarify your needs on this issue. Any time a guest has a problem, large or small, we welcome you to call the front desk so that we can try to address the problem. Again, thank you for your time, and for choosing the Old Town Inn! We hope to see you again soon.

Cesar ~ Guest Services
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I needed two rooms for my wife and unmarried son and my married son and grandchildren. We had never been to San Diego before but my son suggested the 'Old Town area'. I looked at several hotels located in 'Old Town', but located one 10 minute walk from the Old Town. It was located on Pacific Highway which we thought might be a negative. On the contrary it provided easy access to downtown, the Zoo Balboa Park Sea world and anywhere else you needed to be. While its immediate surroundings are not aesthetic the hotel itself is clean, has a Spanish ambience, a heated outside pool and a very satisfying breakfast.
The staff was exceptionally courteous and knowledgeable.
If one wants the grandeur of the bay setting then the downtown Marriot would be the choice. For everything else there is the 'Old Town Inn'.

Room Tip: Choose one away from the Highway - little or no noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and share your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found your accommodations to be spacious and clean. Thank you for mentioning our staff, we all work very hard to provide for our guests, and we appreciate your compliments about the friendliness and knowledge.

I am also glad to hear that you took advantage of the free amenities we provide. I hope your time at the pool was relaxing, and breakfast was satisfying to you and your family.

Our location is in a somewhat industrial area, and can get noisy at times. To help we have earplugs available at the Front Desk if any of our guest need it, however we are very happy that you didn't have any problems. We love our location because, as you mentioned, it is so close to Old Town, the Transit Station, and many attractions. From here you can get almost anywhere in San Diego in about ten minutes. I am happy to know that our location was so convenient for you.

Our company culture is all about providing a clean, affordable, quality stay with great customer service. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with these qualities. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guest. We hope to see you next time you visit San Diego.

Yours in Hospitality
Gilda Prado
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel for Labor Day weekend that was close to San Diego's prime tourist spots (most beaches, Old Town, downtown, La Jolla, Point Loma) (it's also very close to the airport and Seaworld). I was considering trying Priceline when I read about this hotel in a guidebook. I decided to go with a highly rated known rather than save a few bucks on an unknown hotel that was further away (had been considering Hotel Circle in Mission Valley). So glad I did! Despite being right off I-5 and I-8, my room was quiet (with door/windows closed and fan on, which I always like for white noise). Breakfast didn't include eggs, meat, or yogurt, but it did have tropical fruit, oatmeal, cereals, great OJ, pastries, and more. Since all rooms come with a fridge and the hotel is less than 1.5 miles from at least two major grocery stores (Ralphs and Sprouts), I bought my own yogurt and kept it in the fridge. Staff was friendly, maid service was good, grounds are pretty (good view of plants/flowers while eating breakfast), and lobby had computer I could use to print my airplane boarding pass. Rooms have DVD players and they have a big, free library (I confess, I watched a short movie spread out over two nights before bed). It's even possible to see Seaworld's fireworks show from across the street, although I drove a few minutes to be closer. It's walking distance to Old Town and the area immediately west of the hotel is filled with places to eat, from fast food to restaurants. Bed was comfortable, as were pillows. I had an economy room and found it more roomy than expected. The pool looked small, but I didn't use it so I can't speak to it. The area itself was pretty, with plants/flowers around it. There isn't a fitness center (that I know of); wish the rating allowed a "NA."

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, despite not having read complaints about noise, because it was so close to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are grateful for your feedback and compliments about our amenities, customer service and our convenient location. Our main goals at the Old Town Inn are to welcome our guests with genuine hospitality, provide cleanliness and quality accommodations, and do it all at an affordable price. These are the qualities that we strive to uphold as a hotel, and we take them very seriously because we know that our guests do as well. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you received the high standard of service that we strive to provide our
guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Old Town Inn, and for taking the time to review your stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again soon!

Gilda Prado
Bristol, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. The staff is very friendly, the lobby is cozy and the free breakfast is nice - we loved the make your own Belgian waffles. The rooms are pleasant and roomy and ours had a small microwave and refrigerator that came in handy if you want to bring your lunch or dinner leftovers back from an Old Town restaurant. The hotel is a little oasis in an industrial area on Pacific Hwy but you can walk to Old Town and the trolley.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are proud to know that you had an enjoyable stay at the Old Town Inn, and that we were able to offer everything that you needed for your stay. Our company culture is to provide genuine hospitality, quality accommodations, cleanliness, and affordable pricing. We are not a fancy hotel, nor do we pretend to be. We want our guests to get the most out of their dollar, while still receiving the quality service and amenities that we strive to provide for every guest.

Yes, we are located on Pacific Highway, which can be busy at times, and we are an older, independently owned hotel, so we are not everyone’s cup of tea. We do, however, take our hospitality role very seriously, and we are always looking for ways to improve and make our guest's stay more comfortable and convenient. We are very glad to hear that our location worked out well for you, and we truly appreciate you mentioning that our hotel is like an oasis in our industrial surroundings. It is a great thing to feel that our guests understand what we stand for, and what we strive to provide. Thank you for your kind words; we truly value your feedback. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and to read your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed one night, with a late check-in. The guy at front desk was so nice, explained so detailed about their services! Breakfast was great, more than I expected! Besides, it is so close to Old Town Transit Center and other attractions!

Room Tip: Rooms go fast! Book early!
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the amenities, accommodations, and customer service we provided.

Here at Old Town Inn, we are dedicated to giving consistent service, quality and value. I hope that you received these qualities that we strive to provide to every guest, and that we exceeded expectations. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Henderson, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughter & I only stayed one night, but we really enjoyed it. It's a very cozy hotel, walking distance to Old Town. Super friendly staff, quiet room , , comfy beds & the price was right. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear you had a good stay; our philosophy is to offer clean, comfortable, quality accommodations, and exceptional service that is still a great value. Thank you for your review. It is rewarding to know that we met and exceeded your expectations. We would be honored to accommodate you and your family the next time you visit the San Diego area. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you soon!

Old Town Inn

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!