“LOVELY HOTEL AT A GREAT PRICE” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
We Have Rooms!
Ranked #19 of 269 hotels in San Diego
Waterloo, Belgium
“LOVELY HOTEL AT A GREAT PRICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed for two nights and easy to find of the I5.Rooms were a good size with a nice bathroom,while the pool area was lovely and relaxing. Good parking facilities which made getting the luggage in & out of the room no problem. Breakfast is acceptable but the room is a little small -a problem encountered at all hotels on our trip The Old Town is a short walk away and certainly worth a visit, while SeaWorld is only a short drive away. Wifi worked well. But the best memory of the hotel is the fantastic and helpful service of the employees -in particular Laura and Anna - thanks a lot. A lovely hotel at a great price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to give us your personal feedback of our hotel. We greatly appreciate our guest’s point of view and always love to find out how our hotel is perceived. Our company culture is to provide quality, affordability, cleanliness, and great customer service to our guests.

It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our amenities. For example, the pool area; I would have to agree, it is a great place to relax, and the surrounding atmosphere is lush with greenery. Next time you visit, be sure to check out the grill by the pool, it’s a perfect barbecue spot and lots of fun.

We appreciate that you mentioned our central location. Yes, we are very close to most of San Diego’s great attractions. We are a short 5 minute drive to Sea World, and a short walk to Old Town. We are also walking distance to the Old Town Transit Station, where guests can catch the trolley, train, or any other form of public transportation. We love our location, although it is slightly industrial, because our guests can move around San Diego quickly and conveniently.

Thank you for complimenting the service here at Old Town Inn. It is an honor to hear that your best memory from your stay is of the staff’s dedication and willingness to help out whenever possible. On behalf of the Old Town Inn staff, we are more than happy to assist you, and we strive to assure that all guests feel welcome and have an enjoyable time with us. One of our top priorities is providing outstanding customer service and genuine hospitality. Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Old Town Inn, and for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to have you and your family as our guests. Thank you!

Yours in Hospitality,
Laura | Front Desk Agent
Old Town Inn

1,176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I LOVED this motel. We stayed at three different places these past two weeks and this was my favorite and the least expensive. One place we stayed was four times as much, not nearly as clean and the beds weren't as comfortable! I cannot recommend this motel enough. The rooms were spacious, and spotless, the pool area is quaint and pretty and the breakfast was great (and included!). We will for sure be back to this hidden gem!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the Old Town Inn San Diego in the older section of the hotel. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean and fresh. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are small, but sufficient. The only complaint I would have is that the bath towels are very small. The morning breakfast was good with waffles, boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, sweet rolls, bagels, fruit and orange juice. This is definitely a great place to stay, especially on a budget. Can't go wrong here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Even though it's in somewhat of an industrial area, getting around was not a problem. You can hop on and off the freeway easily. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff is very hospitable. Pool and hotel grounds are well maintained. Wifi was good. Breakfast was standard but sufficient. Old Town is near by. Thursday evening at Old Town was very lively. Music, people everywhere, all the restaurants and shops are open. We had a lovely stay. Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ogallala, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to San Diego. The staff was amazing. The whole inn was beautiful and well maintained. Room were clean and pool was crystal clear every day we were there. Will stay here again in the futue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
orange california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a really awsome time at comic con this year thanks to the awsome hotel staff Anna Gilda Laura and Ceciley these people really go out on a limb to please the guest and I am appauled by the ridiculous selfish paddle some of these recent guests have made in any event they all run a poor third however I wanna talk about my recent stay this year I got to throw a surprise birthday party for my dearest friend whom I met at comic con 4 years ago Liza rios the front desk girls Gilda and cecliy(such sweethearts) helped me decorate the birthday cake and helped my other friend Carolyn set up the party in the breakfast room they even gave us plates utensils and wine glasses and they were guests we never met and wished her a happy birthday I made a new friend at comic con this year and the gm Beatriz book her a room for next year last but not to say the least is the front desk gal Laura the last day of the con Laura let me in the laundry room early so I could get that out of the way the bottom piece of my hulk costume came undone and she was able to sew it back up I love the hotel and the staff to death and I wouldn't wanna stay no where else

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights we came to celebrated my birthday. I must say every review I read was true. The room we stayed in was room 204 and it was a spacious room. The bed was so comfortable we both slept like babies. It was very close to all the attractions. We visited at Old Town, the zoo and the Harbor and the aquarium. Weather was great! I will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!