“Great stay! Spotless motel!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
We Have Rooms! CALL US.
Ranked #21 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Novi, Michigan
“Great stay! Spotless motel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I LOVED this motel. We stayed at three different places these past two weeks and this was my favorite and the least expensive. One place we stayed was four times as much, not nearly as clean and the beds weren't as comfortable! I cannot recommend this motel enough. The rooms were spacious, and spotless, the pool area is quaint and pretty and the breakfast was great (and included!). We will for sure be back to this hidden gem!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kingwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed at the Old Town Inn San Diego in the older section of the hotel. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is clean and fresh. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The rooms are small, but sufficient. The only complaint I would have is that the bath towels are very small. The morning breakfast was good with waffles, boiled eggs, cereals, oatmeal, sweet rolls, bagels, fruit and orange juice. This is definitely a great place to stay, especially on a budget. Can't go wrong here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Even though it's in somewhat of an industrial area, getting around was not a problem. You can hop on and off the freeway easily. Rooms are clean and spacious, staff is very hospitable. Pool and hotel grounds are well maintained. Wifi was good. Breakfast was standard but sufficient. Old Town is near by. Thursday evening at Old Town was very lively. Music, people everywhere, all the restaurants and shops are open. We had a lovely stay. Thank you and keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Ogallala, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with a trip to San Diego. The staff was amazing. The whole inn was beautiful and well maintained. Room were clean and pool was crystal clear every day we were there. Will stay here again in the futue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
orange california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had a really awsome time at comic con this year thanks to the awsome hotel staff Anna Gilda Laura and Ceciley these people really go out on a limb to please the guest and I am appauled by the ridiculous selfish paddle some of these recent guests have made in any event they all run a poor third however I wanna talk about my recent stay this year I got to throw a surprise birthday party for my dearest friend whom I met at comic con 4 years ago Liza rios the front desk girls Gilda and cecliy(such sweethearts) helped me decorate the birthday cake and helped my other friend Carolyn set up the party in the breakfast room they even gave us plates utensils and wine glasses and they were guests we never met and wished her a happy birthday I made a new friend at comic con this year and the gm Beatriz book her a room for next year last but not to say the least is the front desk gal Laura the last day of the con Laura let me in the laundry room early so I could get that out of the way the bottom piece of my hulk costume came undone and she was able to sew it back up I love the hotel and the staff to death and I wouldn't wanna stay no where else

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Morgan Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights we came to celebrated my birthday. I must say every review I read was true. The room we stayed in was room 204 and it was a spacious room. The bed was so comfortable we both slept like babies. It was very close to all the attractions. We visited at Old Town, the zoo and the Harbor and the aquarium. Weather was great! I will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading other reviews on TripAdvisor, I stayed at the Old Town Inn for one night after a conference in La Jolla because I wanted to see a little bit of San Diego before heading home. The location was convenient to Old Town and the transit center, as well as the hop-on-hop-off trolley, which allowed me to see the city and visit the zoo and Balboa Park. It was also close to the airport. This was perfect for me since I did not have a car.

The staff was exceptional and attentive in answering my questions prior to my visit and assisting me during my stay, and I was able to purchase discount tickets for the trolley and zoo at the front desk. They also arranged my transportation to the airport. The lobby and bathroom near the pool were very clean and well-kept. The free coffee, fruit-infused cold water, and snacks in the lobby were a welcome touch. The breakfast was ample and varied, and included make-your-own waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal, patries, and oatmeal.

My room (double queen) on the second floor was quiet, spacious, clean, and in great shape, with a flat screen TV and vanity outside the bathroom. Based on other rates I had seen for hotels downtown, I feel the price I paid was of very good value. I would definitely stay here again the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business