“Exactly What We Needed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Mesa, Arizona
“Exactly What We Needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is clearly run by people who care about their business. Our room was clean and comfortable. They don't put those re-used nasty comforters on the bed that some hotels do, so I could rest comfortably knowing everything on the bed had been cleaned before me. They even have free dvd and game rentals, which is pretty awesome. The location was good and we were close to everything. The rates were reasonable and there was always somewhere to park. The continental breakfast was good. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
YoursinHospitalitySD, Guest Service Agent at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Old Town Inn. We appreciate your feedback. Our guest’s views and recommendations are truly important to us. We are a small hotel dedicated to consistent service, quality, and value. We believe our AAA 2 diamond hotel is well located, friendly and very clean.

Thank you for mentioning our comfortable beds; we know that our guests appreciate a good night’s sleep in a comfortable bed, so this is very important to us. I am glad you enjoyed our DVD movie collection. We do have a great variety of movies for the entire family. We also have a heated pool and a bar-b-queue set that we hope you get a chance to enjoy the next time you visit. It was indeed a pleasure having you as our guests, and we would love to see you back here once more. On behalf of the Old Town Inn staff, we thank you for your honest feedback.

Laura| Guest Service Agent

1,106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was very happy with the location, room and service. I had researched several places in the area but the ones in my budget had terrible reviews (except this one). I decided to take a chance since I was only staying one night and was very glad I did. The room was clean (I'd ask for one towards the back if I stay there again) and comfortable. The grounds are lovely. It was too cold for the pool but it looked very inviting. The continental breakfast was great, too. The one drawback was the wi-fi was a bit wonky and when I asked the next morning I was told it was probably because I have an iphone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street; it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay here at the Old Town Inn. We are honored that we exceeded expectations. Our company culture is based on genuine hospitality, affordability, and cleanliness. It’s great to know that you received all of these qualities while staying with us.

Thank you for mentioning our lovely grounds. We love to know that our guests appreciate them, and we truly value your compliment. Since we are located in an industrial area, we try to make our property an oasis for our guests. I am happy to hear that our location was convenient for you as well.

Here at the Old Town Inn, we take pride in offering free amenities such as our wi-fi and continental breakfast, and we take it seriously when there is a problem. I am sorry to hear that the wi-fi was not working as well as it should, we do sometimes have problems in that area. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your compliments and feedback. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you soon in the future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Comfortable bed, simple room, no extraneous bells and whistles that one would get at a high end hotel. They have a waffle maker that made for a pleasant breakfast. Friendly staff. Great for the price. Didn't get to check out the pool, but from passing, it looked serene and peaceful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Old Town Inn. We appreciate your compliments and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to exceed expectations and to provide our guests with the most comfortable stay. Our company culture is based on the utmost cleanliness, affordability, comfort, quality, and genuine hospitality. We hope that you got all of these qualities from your stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast, and I hope that next time you visit you will be able to check out the pool. It is always kept at a comfortably warm temperature (especially on colder days) so that our guests have a place to relax after a long trip or some sightseeing.

Thank you again for your review, your feedback is truly appreciated. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've stayed in a variety of hotels across the country, and I was a bit skeptical considering this hotel was and Inn/Motel and my room was listed as "economy" but decided to book because of the price and free wi-fi. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised! The room was very comfortable, clean and spacious. For the type of room, the bathroom was a great size (shower only, no tub). The room furnishings were older and included a small microwave and fridge, table with two chairs, and a nice sized flat panel tv and DVD player. Free DVDs are available in the lobby along with fresh citrus flavored water, coffee, tea, and fruit all day. They also have free continental breakfast daily from 6am-10am with a nice variety, including make your own waffles and traditional oatmeal (not instant packets). The free wi-fi seemed adequate, not instant, but for the multiple pages I accessed simultaneously with large photos, etc it was pretty good. The walls are thin, but I was in the older building so I'm not sure if it would be an issue in the updated building. The property was very beautifully landscaped with colorful flowers and the grass almost looked unreal!! The neighborhood was quite barren with run down homes close by which made the property literally look like a mirage or oasis. It was close to the airport and bonus for me was it is walking distance to Old Town (Food! Shopping! Margaritas!) You have to cross a very large highway but the traffic was scarce and there is a traffic light to make it easier. On two nights I walked back from Old Town in the evening (young female) and I felt safe, but take note, it is quite dark. The thing that sold this hotel for me was the amazing customer service. From the check-in and during my 3 day stay, each front desk person was helpful and friendly, especially Anna. I unexpectedly had to stay an extra day and the hotel will allow you to pay for a half day if you need to stay until 3:30. This is unheard of as most places will charge you a full day. On my final day I had issues with making changes to my flight which took me way past the check out time. Anna was very patient, and although I ended up not leaving the room until 1pm, she was friendly, helpful and did not charge me anything extra. This hotel certainly isn't upscale but it was very comfortable, clean and conveniently located. Although I usually have rather expensive tastes when it comes to my preferred accommodations, my wallet doesn't always allow for such. For anyone on a budget or that generally prefers to spend money on other things during the trip besides a fancy hotel, I would definitely recommend Old Town Inn and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are in the older building you have to walk on the sidewalk along the highway to get to your r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hello to Management and staff

Our family visiting from Australia booked three rooms at the Old Town Inn, San Diego on 22 - 23 March 2013.

We found the motel to be a fantastic place to stay.

The whole property is kept in brilliant condition - the grounds beautifully maintained with colourful flowers and shrubs and the rooms in excellent condition.

The complimentary breakfast was outstanding and all staff, particularly the staff at reception, were very courteous and helpful and a credit to management.

We cannot thank you enough and will certainly recommend this motel to friends and family.

We look forward to visiting San Diego Old Town Inn again.

Thank you all for a wonderful stay.

Best Regards,
From Brian, Mary, Tamara, Damien Simpson and children Eddie and Fraser and Wendy Whitford.

Room Tip: Allour rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Guest Service Agent at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. Our company culture is to provide quality, affordability, and great customer service to our guests.

Thank you for mentioning how well kept our grounds are, this credit will have to go to our maintenance grounds keepers, they take pride in keeping our grounds and many different types of flowers nice and trim for our guests.

I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed our breakfast, we do have a good variety and selection to enjoy in the morning for our guests, from making your own waffles to various assorted danishes and muffins, etc.

We hope to see you and your family back at the Old Town Inn in the future. We truly appreciate you for recommending your friends and family to stay with us here at the Old Town Inn. Thank you so very much for your compliments, it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Laura | Guest Service Agent
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was on a 12 day holiday in Southern California and I picked this place for a 3 night stay with my two children (aged 10 and 8) based on previous reviews. Couldn't have done better. It was streets ahead the best place we stayed over the whole holiday. The area is industrial but central and very convenient for the old town area. The hotel is lovely and staff extremely friendly and helpful. The pool was great, rooms clean, bright, large and nice. The pool was great, my kids loved it. The breakfasts were awesome. It's a reason alone to come back to San Diego! There are restaurants a walk away so you can have a glass of wine with dinner without concerns. For the price I defy anyone to find a better choice. Plus you can get cut price tickets for the zoo and sea-world at the desk, which also gets you a discount on your stay!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are honored that you and your family had such a wonderful time at our hotel, and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate your compliments, and the fact that you enjoyed your stay so much is a great source of pride for everyone here at the Old Town Inn. We are so glad to hear that our location was convenient for you and our rooms comfortable; we are also very happy that your family enjoyed the pool, and the trips to Sea World and the Zoo.

It is great to have guests that understand where we are coming from. We are not a fancy or five star hotel; we are perfect for anyone who wants quality and convenience for a reasonable price. We are very glad that we were able to offer these qualities to you and your family.

Thank you once again for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope you will visit again soon!

Walla Walla, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Old Town Inn was an affordable and perfect place to stay for four days while we enjoyed the local San Diego attractions with our granddaughter. The management was friendly and helpful and the entire property (including the swimming pool) was very clean. The two-queen room was roomy for the three of us and amazingly quiet. It is a hop, skip and a jump away from the airport, Zoo, Sea World, beaches and the Old Town neighborhood and cuisine. It would have been nice for the breakfast to have included a yogurt choice and bananas, which are always kid friendly. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
YoursinHospitalitySD, Customer Service at Old Town Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review, and for choosing to stay at the Old Town Inn. We are so glad to hear that you and your granddaughter had such an enjoyable stay. We strive to provide great customer service and genuine hospitality to our guests, and we are happy to know that we succeeded in doing so with you and your family.

The Old Town Inn is located in an industrial area; however the benefits of our location far outweigh the negatives, such as traffic noise, and we are glad that you found our location to be convenient. We love that our guests can get to any of San Diego’s great attractions in just a few minutes, and also that we are just a few blocks from Old Town with its delicious cuisine and shops.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and we take every comment seriously. We try to provide a variety of foods for everyone at our breakfast, and will seriously consider adding yogurt to our choice of foods. We do include a selection of sliced and whole fruits, however bananas are harder to keep for breakfast, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have many families that come to stay with us, and I agree that it is very important to have foods that are kid friendly.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is essential for us to know how our guests feel about their stay, so that we can assure that you and our future guests are happy with our services and hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests, and we hope to see you again soon!

Old Town Inn

Been to Old Town Inn? Share your experiences!